Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a full DPMS AP4 Panther for $899. I was torn between this rifle and the bushmaster 14.5" with the "izzy" flash suppresor permanently welded on, and for $100 more, but I think I made the right choice, especially since I plan on building another rifle down the line. Now for optics, rails, all the fun stuff! I will post pictures in a little, the excitement still hasn't settled down yet.

Comment

• So here is the rest of the story:
      Had ordered a CMMG complete upper receiver with the SS barrel in Dec 08 and had not recd it as of this date. Finally decided to call it and cancel the order via email to them.
      This is unacceptable by any standard. Hope they survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Highwaystreets1 View Post
        i'm doubting they will sell and ship to Canada tho... sigh...

However how is that site to order off of? looks like it has some decent equipment, i'll keep it in mind next time i make my big only LE gear purchase
        Please check your PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
          Just bought a full DPMS AP4 Panther for $899. I was torn between this rifle and the bushmaster 14.5" with the "izzy" flash suppresor permanently welded on, and for $100 more, but I think I made the right choice, especially since I plan on building another rifle down the line. Now for optics, rails, all the fun stuff! I will post pictures in a little, the excitement still hasn't settled down yet.
          You made a great choice. DPMS is a great company, VERY reliable weapons, and NOT overpriced like COLT or BM just because of their name. I have a DPMS and it has been run HARD for a few years now...ZERO issues!
          "To understand sacrifice, you must understand loss. To understand loss, you must understand pain. And to understand pain, you must lose something you've sacrificed for!"

Comment

• edit: double
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• Originally posted by chaps0063 View Post

Specifics
              • Smith & Wesson M&P15OR
              • Knights Armament Quad Rails
              • Magpul Backup Iron Sights
              • Bushnell Red-dot Scope
              • Tango Down Vertical Grip (Flashlight Pressure Pad Taped On)
              • ERGO Grip
              • Surefire M951XM07 Flashlight
              • Tactical Link Single Point Sling

Wow...this is almost identical to the setup/accessories that I hope/plan to get. I REALLY like the way this one looks.
              If you dont mind, please tell me about what you paid for each piece, where they were from and if that was with/without a LEO discount.
              You can PM me if you prefer.
              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

• With the cost of rifles right now getting a top of the line model is very affordable. Hard to justify any of the less expensive or cheaper brands.
                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Yeah, I have a motorcycle that I don't plan on keeping forever, so I will probably buy my next rifle with whatever profit I make with that. I'm now torn between CMMG and RRA lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                    Yeah, I have a motorcycle that I don't plan on keeping forever, so I will probably buy my next rifle with whatever profit I make with that. I'm now torn between CMMG and RRA lol.
                    I hope that was a joke.

While your at it, sell the DPMS also and get a top notch one.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• LMT Sopmod

Anyone tried the LMT Sopmod stock? Any thoughts pro or con?

Comment

• Originally posted by prc View Post
                        Anyone tried the LMT Sopmod stock? Any thoughts pro or con?

Great stock. I used to have one. BUT, now there are cheaper stocks that give similar cheekwelds with the same quality (VLTOR modstock, Magpul ACS, etc.) Also, the other options have better storage options. The SOPMOD has tubes that can hold batteries, but you have to remove the stock to access the compartments.

That being said, there are some that argue that the SOPMOD has the best cheekweld out there. It is very expensive for "just" a stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                          It is very expensive for "just" a stock.
                          I agree. Excellent stock, but very pricey.
                          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• jwise: Do you think a 69gr match HPBT .223 will be properly stabilized by a 20" chrome moly HBAR with a 1:9 twist? Probably no good with 75gr?

Namely this:

I was reading up on the begining of this thread where you talked about barrels, and don't want to waste my money on that ammo if it won't work for me. I'm trying to decide on what ammo to get for a bench gun I'm putting together, and the above is what I have to work with. For now I don't have another choice of gun, so I'm just trying to pick propper ammo.
                            "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

• 69gr is about as heavy as you want to go; and yes, it performs VERY well out of a 1/9.

My 16" HBAR 1/9 LOVES 69gr BTHP.
                              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                                69gr is about as heavy as you want to go; and yes, it performs VERY well out of a 1/9.

My 16" HBAR 1/9 LOVES 69gr BTHP.
                                Cool, thanks. Hopefully this thing will give me some nice groups
                                "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6496 users online. 385 members and 6111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X