Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any preference for a magnified option?
    Last edited by Yebache; 01-01-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yebache View Post

You got a specific Eotech you'd recommend?
      Congratulations on the rifle! I'm glad to hear that you have taken it out and run it hard in a training class. That's absolutely the best forum to test your new rifle.

As for optics, there are many options.

Red dot optic:

EOTech has the new XPS series, as well as several models that take anything from AA, 123, or N cell batteries. I would recommend either the AA or 123 battery models. If you choose the AA version, run the Energizer Lithium AA batteries, as they last longer and don't run the risk of leaking alkaline all over your (very expensive) optic.

I still run the old 512s that I bought nearly 7 years ago. They both perform very well.

If I had the money to burn, I'd get the best out there, the Aimpoint Micro T1. It's the lightest, simplest, smallest, and has the best battery life available (50k hrs.)

Magnified:

For the best value, I'd look at the new Trijicon low-magnification scope, or the Meopta K-Dot (which I have). Put them in a LaRue SPR-E mount and consider yourself lucky to own one of the best available for a total package under $1k (barely).

If you have the cash to burn, you could get the Nightforce, US Optics, or Schmidt & Bender.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• pics

here are a couple pics of the CMMG midlength in action...

and one of the HK P2000 as well.

I know I know, I should have both eyes open, I'm working on it...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Any opinions on the American Spirit Arms Side Cocker receiver?

Comment

• Well, that is definitely a drift from the mainstream M4 which is the subject of this thread. How about we take that to a new thread?
            J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Is it anymore of an alteration that adding a free float tube instead of conventional handguards or swapping buttstocks? Not like I asked about a Daewoo K2, but I will not trash up your thread.

Comment

• I think its analogous to adding a drop-in piston system. It diverges from a typical M4, and is outside the scope of this thread.
                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Specifics
                  • Smith & Wesson M&P15OR
                  • Knights Armament Quad Rails
                  • Magpul Backup Iron Sights
                  • Bushnell Red-dot Scope
                  • Tango Down Vertical Grip (Flashlight Pressure Pad Taped On)
                  • ERGO Grip
                  • Surefire M951XM07 Flashlight
                  • Tactical Link Single Point Sling

At some point I plan on replacing the Bushnell Red-dot. It was a cheap addition when I first bought the rifle.
                  Brad

Comment

• Need some opinions, found a bushmaster m4a3, for $999. No bells and whistles, just the a3 (removable carry handle). Some of my buddies say it's too much, some say it's a good price for a complete bushmaster right now. Also found a full DPMS for $899...

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                      Need some opinions, found a bushmaster m4a3, for $999. No bells and whistles, just the a3 (removable carry handle). Some of my buddies say it's too much, some say it's a good price for a complete bushmaster right now. Also found a full DPMS for $899...
                      Look around for a better price. Colt 6920s were going for $999 at my local gunshows recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                        Look around for a better price. Colt 6920s were going for $999 at my local gunshows recently.
                        Really?! Wow... That's an excellent price!
                        J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                          Really?! Wow... That's an excellent price!
                          Seriously, the cheapest I've seen one for is $1200 at a local gun shop. It'd be nice if those gun shows came my way...
                          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Colt L.E. 6920 Delivered for $ 1120.00 see link hope this helps

http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by RMP911 View Post
                              Colt L.E. 6920 Delivered for $ 1120.00 see link hope this helps

http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com/
                              Cheapest I've ever seen was $1050, but that was years ago. $1150 is the cheapest I've seen it commonly.
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Colt was offering them direct to Colt certified armorers for $1025, which is how I picked up one of mine. That is the cheapest I have personally seen them. I have heard of sub $1K fire sales however.

As for Phoenix LE, I placed a 10 rifle order from Colt for a bunch of our guys and I picked up my 6940 at that time. This was this past May when the frenzy was hot and heavy and 6920's were going for $1600-$1800 plus, but the Phoenix LE prices remained. Wait was about 5 weeks due to the high demand on the general market. About 2 weeks ago another buddy picked up a 6940 from Phoenix and the wait was around 2 weeks from time of order until arrival (with shipping time). They were easy to deal with and a good transaction. I know a lot of LE who orders through Phoenix and I can personally recommend them highly.
                                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8174 users online. 383 members and 7791 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X