Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did good, Winterboarder... You did REALLY good!
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Good looking rifle winter, but I have to ask; why did you SBR the rifle and not use a shorter barrel? You could have permanently attached the Blackout to the 14.5" barrel and save the NFA paperwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
        Good looking rifle winter, but I have to ask; why did you SBR the rifle and not use a shorter barrel? You could have permanently attached the Blackout to the 14.5" barrel and save the NFA paperwork.
        I wanted the flexibility of adding a shorter barrel or upper. You never know what "Evil Black Rifle" disease might want or need in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinterBoarder View Post
          I wanted the flexibility of adding a shorter barrel or upper. You never know what "Evil Black Rifle" disease might want or need in the future.
          You can't have just one rifle.

Comment

• jwise...you catch the pictures?

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
              Yes there are "drop in" kits, to retro a DI rifle to a piston driven. Or there are full replacement uppers.

I really like the idea of a good reliable piston rifle, however the majority of the conversions or complete rifles are not designed correctly. As mentioned LWRC seems to be the best out there right now. However they are not exactly cheap, which is why many opt for the cheaper, poorer designed options, which do not properly address the issues in the design.

What do you think about the Stag Arms Model 8 piston gun? They supposedly have a bolt carrier that prevents carrier tilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                jwise...you catch the pictures?
                Yes, thank you!
                J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• All our patrol guys carried/carry 16" rifles. Only SWAT used 11.5" rifles. The 16" middy is a great rifle, even for indoor use.
                  J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• How much velocity would you loose when comparing a 16" to a 11.5" barrel?
                    -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                    -Daniel Silva

Comment

• About 200 fps... Depends on which ammo you are using.
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                        ...There is a really nice set of pictures showing the 3 carriers floating around the internet somewhere...
                        Think this may be the image.

Figured it could be helpful for someone who needed a visual reference...

Found a few more pics to attach.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by COBRA90GT; 12-27-2009, 11:05 PM. Reason: Added images
                        Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

• Originally posted by OperatorEX
                          I'm having the darndest time deciding on a battle rifle. Do any of you guys use a 16" rifle for patrol/swat function? I'd like to go 14.5" but I'm not so hot about a fixed comp/break. I'm leaning towards a 16" middy but am concerned that it could be too long for indoor purposes especially after adding something like a FSC556.

Choosing between BCM and Noveske.

Thoughts?
                          Unless you are just made of money, I would get BCM.

Comment

• Are there any distributors (like Ellett Brothers, Davidson's, etc) that stock LWRC or any of the other high end piston-operated rifles?

Comment

• LWRC availability

Scottsdale Gun Club (sgcusa.com) in Scottsdale, AZ claims to have several.

Comment

• thanks a ton Jwise

Thanks a ton Jwise! I finally got my CMMG midlength upper to go along with my lower. Got the lower about 3 weeks after purchasing and the upper 8 months later.

I've been to the range to target shoot and I've also been to a tactical training facility where it held its own against the competition very well. All I had were iron sights but they worked great along with the rifle.

I still would like to get some handguards/rails along with some sort of optic. Still undecided there but I'm leaning towards an Eotech...

I was thinking Leupold or Nightforce NXS but I think I'll wait until money is less important to me...Eotech for now I think.

You got a specific Eotech you'd recommend?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8990 users online. 403 members and 8587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X