Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any insight into the S&W M&P 15A or 15OR (i.e. the Smith ARs)?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeputyDuc View Post
      Any insight into the S&W M&P 15A or 15OR (i.e. the Smith ARs)?
      Check out this thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-exploded.html
      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Jwise, thanks for the article. I'm in the market for a new rifle.
        Last edited by TEX_DEPUTY; 11-30-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OperatorEX
          Daniel Defense DDXV complete upper with bolt carrier group for $499 until noon. It's usually priced just under $900..... total steal right?

https://www.danieldefense.com/?page=...product_id=151
          Yes, it was a very very good price. LE price for my account was $459. I heard that dealer price was $399. Hope people got em when they could.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Bill you are looking at manufacturer MSRP, which is seldom what any dealer sells them for.

I can purchase a complete DDXV for $959, MSRP $1199. The model you posted, the DDM4 has an MSRP of $1699. Davidsons lists them at $1456. Daniel Defense lists the UPPER ONLY for the DDM4 at $1299. I can get the entire rifle for $1349.

However the DDXV upper only was a steal. Just try to buy the Cold Hammer Forged barrel assembly only is around $399. Then you get the handguards, complete upper w/bolt carrier group, charging handle, forward assist, dust cover, and a DD BUIS. It was a very good deal. Hope people took advantage of it.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Finally got my BCM upper. Some little O-ring came with the BCG. I have no idea what that's for. Still can't figure out how to install the hand guards. I thought this would be easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drum Roast View Post
                Finally got my BCM upper. Some little O-ring came with the BCG. I have no idea what that's for. Still can't figure out how to install the hand guards. I thought this would be easier.
                LOL! Handguards can be a beach if you've never messed with them.

The O-ring will add tension, making the extraction stiffer.
                sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by OperatorEX
                  Daniel Defense DDXV complete upper with bolt carrier group for $499 until noon. It's usually priced just under $900..... total steal right?

https://www.danieldefense.com/?page=...product_id=151

OperatorEX, How did you find out about the special deal at DD? Are you on a mailing list or did you find it by coincidence?
                  Thanks.

Comment

• After about a year of saving and a lot more waiting the build is finally done. CMMG lower with a BCM 16" middy upper. The finish between the upper and lower is noticeable but I don't mind. There is a tiny bit of play between the two but it doesn't effect accuracy. I put 100 rounds down range and it performed flawlessly.

I decided to keep it simple with iron sights. The only upgrade in the foreseeable future would be a fore stock mounted light and possibly a VFG. Thanks to jwise and hundreds of others who offered information and opinions. I'm very pleased with how this project turned out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

After about a year of saving and a lot more waiting the build is finally done. CMMG lower with a BCM 16" middy upper. The finish between the upper and lower is noticeable but I don't mind. There is a tiny bit of play between the two but it doesn't effect accuracy. I put 100 rounds down range and it performed flawlessly.

I decided to keep it simple with iron sights. The only upgrade in the foreseeable future would be a fore stock mounted light and possibly a VFG. Thanks to jwise and hundreds of others who offered information and opinions. I'm very pleased with how this project turned out.
                      Nice!
                      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Daniel defense xv upper onsale for $599. Not as the other deal but still a good deal.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-669-danie...ete-upper.aspx
                        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

After about a year of saving and a lot more waiting the build is finally done. CMMG lower with a BCM 16" middy upper. The finish between the upper and lower is noticeable but I don't mind. There is a tiny bit of play between the two but it doesn't effect accuracy. I put 100 rounds down range and it performed flawlessly.

Get a decent sling.

Get a good light

Get a RDS.

That would be the order in which I would proceed. The VFG is not a necessity for running the weapon.

Comment

• Dunno if this has been posted yet but Rock River Arms has a special going on until March on their AR-15's. http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=396 Believe the price for the Operator Series with $970 with a police discount (according to my SGT). Will be getting my first AR15 from them after the first of the year.

Comment

• Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM) 16"

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ategory%3DBCOM

This is a great rifle at a great price for anyone looking for a quality AR15 for $1134.00

This is a Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM) 16" Mid-length Upper, BCM Lower, BCM Bolt Carrier Group, BCM Marked Troy Rear Sight, BCM Charging Handle and Handguards.

Each upper and lower is match fit to minimize play between the upper and lower!

Also included is a BCM Patch, GunFighter Sticker, BCM Hat and BCM 30rd Mag with Magpul Enhanced Follower!
                              SPECS:

* M4 Feed Ramp Barrel Extension
                              * M4 Feed Ramp Flat Top Receiver
                              * T-Marked Upper Receivers
                              * USGI 1/7 Twist Rates
                              * USGI 5.56 NATO Chambers
                              * Mil-Spec 11595 - 4150 Grade Barrel Steel
                              * Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber
                              * Manganese Phosphate Barrel Finish
                              * Mil-Spec F-Marked Forged Front Sights
                              * USGI Government Profile Barrels
                              * HPT (High Pressure Test) Barrels
                              * MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected) Barrels

BCM (MPI) complete bolt carrier group is fully assembled.

Bolt carrier group (auto version) f your AR15, M16, or M4. Parkerized exterior and chrome lined inside carrier. Machined to USGI specifications. This M16/M4 carrier includes the proper Mil-Spec gas key. Gas key is chrome lined and heat treated per GI specifications. Gas key is secured to carrier via USGI domestic mfg Grade 8 fasteners and properly staked per Mil-Specs. These properly hardened parts insure a strong staking and proper gas system functioning.

The bolt assembly is shot peened for increased strength, includes tool steel machined extractor, BCM Extractor Spring, and is MPI (Magnetic Partical Inspected).

MPI Bolt (Magnetic Particle Inspected)
                              HPT (High Pressure Tested)
                              Shot Peened Bolt
                              Chrome Lined Carrier (AUTO)
                              Chrome Lined Gas Key
                              Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications
                              Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
                              Key Staked Per Mil-Spec
                              BCMâ„¢ Extractor Spring
                              Black Extractor Insert
                              Mil-Spec Crane O-Ring

BCM Complete AR15 Lowers come with a Magpul MOE Trigger Guard, H Buffer and Mil-Spec (6 position) Receiver Extension and Collapsible Stock.
                              "You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Comment

• BCM surely represents what it means to "listen to your customers." They have put together the epitome of the fighting rifle, what every AR should HOPE to be, as pictured above.

Depending on choice of optics, the fixed rear sight could be a better choice. But for flexibility as a standard offering, the Troy folding Battlesight is without equal.

$1134 is not chump change, but it definitely gives you another option for a fantastic rifle other than a Colt (for those who just don't like Colt!)

I am often tempted to change my recommendation to the BCM, but I continue to remind myself that $1000 is a LOT of money. Many officers can't swing that, or would be HARD PRESSED to talk their wives into letting them spend that kind of money. $800 or so may not be THAT FAR off from $1k, but it is significantly further away from $1100-1150...

In this thread, I wanted to do two things. One, show people what they get for their money, so they can make the best choice FOR THEM that they can make. Second, I wanted to boil down the features to show what rifle represented the best VALUE.

I still think that CMMG represents the best VALUE, at the lower price-point (bought separately). However, with CMMG dropping some of its options from its online selections, and raising its pricing, taken with its hit-or-miss quality of late, it is losing its place as the value leader.

For those with NEW CMMG rifles, I would ask that if you have ANY problems with your rifles, PLEASE take pictures and post them! I am considering knocking it off its pedestal if it is warranted, but I need firsthand information with accompanying photographs.

For those who have the money, BCM is a terrific rifle. For the extra $300, you are getting quite a bit.
                                Last edited by jwise; 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM.
                                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8106 users online. 365 members and 7741 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X