300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
    Please do not reply to William's post. He has been asked to delete it, and I expect that to happen very soon. Let's not get off-topic, here.
    Where are the Troll Snipers when we need them...
    Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drum Roast View Post
      Also, their wait times are less than spectacular to say the least. I ordered a 16" M4 middy upper (no upgrades) on 29 August, 09. Still waiting.

October qualifications came and went. I fear the same will happen with qualifications in May, and maybe again for qualifications in October 2010.

For now I'm stuck with a lower and this thing http://www.innovativetactical.com/ca.../7r96e5m03.jpg to patrol with.
      Just a suggestion, Cancel the CMMG and order the BCM mid length directly from Bravo USA. $570.00 with BCG and CH. You will have to get hand guards which the plastic Mid length are 19.95. They are in stock now and they usually ship in a day or two. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...urg-mid-16.htm
      Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• That's what I did. Do you work therenor something? You are constantly pushing their product.
        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Ok, I went with Brad's suggestion (thank you sir) and ordered the BCM mid length with BCG and CH, plus a rear sight. It's only $24 more than my order with CMMG, which just received my cancellation email. I'll post pics when I get it all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
            That's what I did. Do you work therenor something? You are constantly pushing their product.
            Ha..No. I'm just a dirt road deputy. I knew very, very little about the AR this time last year. Ordered the CMMG Mid Length upper and got ready to wait. While waiting I found M4Carbine.Net and started reading post's on that site and along with this thread learned a lot. I was able to snag a BCM Mid Length upper during the frenzy and have done most of my AR business with them since that time. They offer, what most pro's consider(myself not being a pro), a top tier AR. Not to mention their excellent customer service and quick shipping time.
            I just try to offer that suggestion when some one is in the market and looking for a quality AR.
            Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• BCM's manufacturing/builds are on par w/ Colt's. Top tier stuff.

Comment

• Deleted by author.
                Last edited by bluedog226; 11-27-2009, 05:12 PM. Reason: Found recent posts on subject.

Comment

• I love my wife.

My wife couldn't keep it a secret until Christmas and gave me my present last night. Rock River A4, carbine length gas system with quad-rail forward handguard, chrome-lined 1/9 barrel.

and no, she doesn't have any sisters.

The first thing I need is a rear sight, and I"m trying to decide between the Larue Tactical Fixed Iron Sight & the Troy folding BUIS. Any thoughts about these sights, or suggestions about other options I should consider are appreciated.

I think I've decided on the VCAS sling from Blue Force Gear.
                  Last edited by Bighead; 11-28-2009, 07:59 AM.
                  "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

• Daniel Defense now sells a fixed rear sight that is very good, and costs less than the LaRue BUIS. I would recommend you look at that.
                    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bighead View Post
                      and no, she doesn't have any sisters.
                      Dang!!! It'd be a double dang if she did since I'm married.

Congrats on having great wife!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Decided on the Troy Rear Folding Battle Sight because I found it on sale at http://weaponparts.storesecured.com/ for $89. I also picked up a Blue Force Gear padded Vickers sling for $44, and P-Mags are on sale for $12.95 each. Some other good deals here from what I can tell, and they are matching the factory cashback on EOTech products.

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

• thats an awesome price. i could only find them for $140. good find
                          If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=148022514

Thats the deal I just got after reading the first few pages. After I made my purchase I decided to read more of the thread and I'm now apprehensive about my purchase. What do you guys think? Did I get a good deal? Anything glaring shortcomings immediately on my purchase? I thought I was informed but am now afraid I may have rushed my purchase on recommendations from a few years ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                              http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=148022514

Thats the deal I just got after reading the first few pages. After I made my purchase I decided to read more of the thread and I'm now apprehensive about my purchase. What do you guys think? Did I get a good deal? Anything glaring shortcomings immediately on my purchase? I thought I was informed but am now afraid I may have rushed my purchase on recommendations from a few years ago...
                              You should be ok. Have you received it yet? Let us know how it works for ya.

.... and don't forget to post pics.

PS Don't forget to leave feedback on the seller. I see he gave you an A+
                              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• That looks like a great buy. Go shoot it and take lots of pics!
                                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8798 users online. 389 members and 8409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X