Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANK YOU! I have not checked other sites, and just figured BCM just sells their own stuff. I did not know G&R sold BCM's rifles in complete configuration.

However, at $1134, a Colt 6920 is just a few dollars more.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• For all you AR-15 shooters, what is your personal policy of shooting while holding the magwell with your non trigger hand? Had to qualify with an AR and I was told that it was bad, while another person told me it wasn't.

Shooting while holding the handguards just didn't feel right and hurt my wrist after being on target for prolonged periods of time, so holding it by the magazine just felt more comfortable.
      This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
        However, at $1134, a Colt 6920 is just a few dollars more.
        Agreed. There are quite a few people who refuse to buy Colt and swear that the BCM is "just as good" as a Colt, or even better. I am actually not arguing the "just as good part", however for only a few dollars more, I am going with the Colt every time, but that is just a personal choice.

I will say that I do not have an entire BCM rifle but have used the BCM upper receivers, bolt carrier groups, recoil springs and buffers. Also order the Gunfighter charging handles. I have a lot of faith in the products that they carry.

Catch this one, a local dealer is doing this one day sale quite often. Posted at another site. This is LE pricing to anyone. Tax is 4%.
        COLT 6920 BLOWOUT ON MONDAY 10/26

CASH PRICE $1100 PLUS TAX

ADD 3% FOR CREDIT CARDS

ONE DAY ONLY THEN BACK TO $1175
        The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
          Agreed. There are quite a few people who refuse to buy Colt....
          Yeah, that's me. I don't like Colt, the company; but I love Colt, the rifle...
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
            For all you AR-15 shooters, what is your personal policy of shooting while holding the magwell with your non trigger hand? Had to qualify with an AR and I was told that it was bad, while another person told me it wasn't.

Shooting while holding the handguards just didn't feel right and hurt my wrist after being on target for prolonged periods of time, so holding it by the magazine just felt more comfortable.
            As an improvised position it is acceptable, however as a primary, or correct grip, I do not like or teach it.

Holding the magwell is not the best for trying to manage recoil (especially in rapid fire, burst or Full Auto fire), which aids in speed of follow up shots. It is also not good for transitioning from target to target. With the support hand closer to the body, there is more mass of the rifle that is unsupported. Think of it in terms of physics. With the hands closer to the body, when you swing the muzzle from target to target the less supported rifle mass the harder it is to stop the rifle on target. You tend to get more misses because when your brain says to fire and you actually pull the trigger, the momentum of the rifle, for that split second, may easily over travel the target causing a miss. Another potential issue that I find more true with USGI type of magazines, is that shooters may pull backward on the magazine while in the magwell and induce a malfunction, usually a failure to feed, if a malfunction happens. Another possibility, while odds are low, if it happens your hand is FUBAR, is if your weapon were to have a catastrophic failure and explode out of the magwell, there is a good chance of losing a limb.

However, there are some advantages, such as you mention, and also perhaps a quicker manipulation of the weapons controls during reloads. However, I am of the idea that you should concentrate on the hits, so as to hopefully be able to avoid getting to the reload.

There is more to this one, but this is the meat of it.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
              As an improvised position it is acceptable, however as a primary, or correct grip, I do not like or teach it.

Holding the magwell is not the best for trying to manage recoil (especially in rapid fire, burst or Full Auto fire), which aids in speed of follow up shots. It is also not good for transitioning from target to target. With the support hand closer to the body, there is more mass of the rifle that is unsupported. Think of it in terms of physics. With the hands closer to the body, when you swing the muzzle from target to target the less supported rifle mass the harder it is to stop the rifle on target. You tend to get more misses because when your brain says to fire and you actually pull the trigger, the momentum of the rifle, for that split second, may easily over travel the target causing a miss. Another potential issue that I find more true with USGI type of magazines, is that shooters may pull backward on the magazine while in the magwell and induce a malfunction, usually a failure to feed, if a malfunction happens. Another possibility, while odds are low, if it happens your hand is FUBAR, is if your weapon were to have a catastrophic failure and explode out of the magwell, there is a good chance of losing a limb.

However, there are some advantages, such as you mention, and also perhaps a quicker manipulation of the weapons controls during reloads. However, I am of the idea that you should concentrate on the hits, so as to hopefully be able to avoid getting to the reload.

There is more to this one, but this is the meat of it.
              Not to mention the delta ring gets pretty toasty after a few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                Not to mention the delta ring gets pretty toasty after a few rounds.
                Ah yes, let us not forget the Delta Ring. Similar to those of us who get our grips so far out that they often extend past the stock handguards on a carbine, which leads us to burn our fingers on the Front Sight Post / gas block area.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
                  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,563883,00.html

I wish the government would simply stop screwing around and issue our guys these. End of problem. End of story. Bill T.
                  If it's piston gun in a larger caliber you're looking for then this is the gun for the military. The FAL.

"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
                    I wish the government would simply stop screwing around and issue our guys these. End of problem. End of story. Bill T.
                    Bill- I created a thread JUST FOR YOU. Please visit the discussion over HERE to join us in discussing the shortfalls of the AR-15 platform. It is the proper platform to post your opinions and the information you've found related to the rifle system.
                    J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OperatorEX
                      Sorry, where do I find the $250 coupon for the DD deal? Also, is the flash hider removable for rail installation or is it pinned?
                      http://dsgarms.com/files/Black_Fund_Card_Rebate.pdf
                      You can also contact Daniel Defense directly.

As for the flash hider it is a 16" barrel and the hider is not pinned.

As for you Bill, feel free to post in the link by jwise, since you really don't have anything constructive to aid this thread.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

• Slip2000

Anybody tried this on an AR yet?

Comment

• Yup. It's good. It's not magic.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• I just received this email today. I certainly don't NEED another but these prices are sure tempting.

http://www.botachdefense.com/Colt-LE...olt-le6920.htm
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by j706 View Post
                              I just received this email today. I certainly don't NEED another but these prices are sure tempting.

http://www.botachdefense.com/Colt-LE...olt-le6920.htm
                              You can find them cheaper than that price. But it has to be a letterhead order.

$1080.00 plus shippinghttp://www.kiesler.com/police/produc...?cat=0&pid=735

$1120 delivered http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com/
                              Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Botach LE pricing is $1100 for the 6920, but I am not saying that I would purchase from Botach.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10637 users online. 497 members and 10140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X