300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapest ammo

Whats the cheapest ammo that wont hurt my gun for my glock 21 to just go have fun and shoot with? I know .45 are expensive but i need a few thousand rounds and i dont want to spend a grand for a day of shooting

So far, I've used Cheaper Than Dirt or Midway.com. I've heard some guys on this site reccommend ammoman.com too.
    -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
    -Daniel Silva

Comment

No i am talking brand of bullet. not wear to get it.

Comment

Well, I took a trip to Walmart yesterday & got me three 100 round boxes of Winchester 9mm FMJ rounds (in the white box), cost me only $50 bucks total. At a private range, they'll charge $15 bucks for a box of 50 rounds, now that's highway robbery! I saved $50 bucks at Walmart compared to the range. Plus they have a wide variety of handgun calibers for you to choose from.

Bottomline, Winchesters in the white boxes are the way to go!!
        Last edited by BklynsFinest347; 08-31-2007, 07:00 AM.
        "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
        Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
        LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
        RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
        "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

The cheapest brand of ammo that I know of (without doing an internet search) is either Blazer or Wolf ammo.
          I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

I've had good experiences with PMC, CCI blazer (brass also), Winchester White box, Federal American Eagle and Remington UMC. Speer Lawman is good but seems to be a little more pricey than others. I see American and MagTech ammo cheap but I've never used them.

I usually just shop around and get the cheaper of the bunch. Lately I can get better prices at Walmart than going online. Seems CCI brass blazer is the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaidon View Post
              The cheapest brand of ammo that I know of (without doing an internet search) is either Blazer or Wolf ammo.
              just a side note, wolf ammo and Glocks do NOT get along...
              In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

Originally posted by BklynsFinest347 View Post
                Well, I took a trip to Walmart yesterday & got me three 100 round boxes of Winchester 9mm FMJ rounds (in the white box), cost me only $50 bucks total. At a private range, they'll charge $15 bucks for a box of 50 rounds, now that's highway robbery! I saved $50 bucks at Walmart compared to the range. Plus they have a wide variety of handgun calibers for you to choose from.

Bottomline, Winchesters in the white boxes are the way to go!!
                I concur; Walmart has great ammo prices. I've bought the 100 round .45ACP Winchester white box pack there for $26. That is a really good price for decent .45 ammo. That Walmart also had a good price (don't remember exactly what it was) on the Remington-UMC 250 round pack.

Comment

Wally World is now getting 28 bucks for the .45 ACP in my neck of the woods.

I remember about 1 1/2 years ago they were selling the 100 rnd boxes of 45ACP for 16.95
                  Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                  --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Talk to your rangemaster. He may be able to get you a case at his cost or point you in the right direction toward finding a good deal.

There are certain things that you should not skimp on. Just remember you get what you pay for.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Back when Wal-Mart had Remington UMC 100rd packs for just under $20, I bought a boatload! I also have an ammo shop nearby that had cases (10 boxes of 50) of Remington UMC for $85. I bought.

I've got an ammo box full of .45 and 9mm, another full of .22lr, and an even bigger box of .223. I refuse to spend the exhorbitant amount that is being charged these days for ammo. And people made fun of me for "stockpiling!"
                      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4725 users online. 296 members and 4429 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X