300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pocket gun

I work with an officer who told me that he wants a pocket pistol. He mentioned the Keltec 380 or 32. The problem is that neither of us knows anything about the Keltec.Has anyone ever had one? and what did you think?

Keltec

I have a few partners with the Keltec .32 and havehad no problems. I don't think I would want to carry one off duty, but it makes a pretty good bug. I have been saving for the Khar PM9, but have considered the Keltec. They are what they are, which is a $200 gun. Excellent for the money, but better stuff out there.

Comment

I used to carry a KelTec .40 for a BUG. It was a good gun, but the trigger pull was horrible.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I owned a keltec 32 when they first came out a few years ago. It was tiny as can be, but mine had a problem with jamming. I think it was the whole "semi-rimmed" 32 cartridge. I'd go 380 if I were your friend.

Comment

I choose the 32 with the 10rnd magazine over the hard recoiling 380 with lower capacity.

As for the rimlock feeding problem, if you choose the right ammo there will not be a problem, I shoot Magtech fmj and hollowpoints, some hollowpoint ammo is loaded shorter and the front/back play in the magazine is when the rimlock jams occur.

I don't shoot it a lot but when I do it goes bang.

Comment

I just picked up a Kel Tec 380 this spring. The gun is ultra light and conceals nicely. I've only put about 50 rds through it thus far, seems to digest full metal easier than hollow points. I have no issue with the recoil or trigger pull.

Comment

I own a Kel-Tec .32, and have never had a problem with it. One of the officers on the midnight shift has a Kel-Tec .380 and likes it, but it certainly is bigger than the .32. One of our part-time officers has a .32 that had problems with jamming. When we used one of my magazines, it functioned perfectly. I got together with the Range Master for Springfield PD and we tried 5 Kel-Tec .32s that his officers had experienced problems with, and all worked fine with a good magazine.
              If you get one, test it out. If it fails to function properly, try a different mag.

Comment

I'd try out one of the suggestions but I don't own it any longer. I sold it and bought a kahr pm9 covert. It's a great pocket gun.

Comment

I don't know if this qualifies as a "pocket gun" but as I recall I believe it is small enough to fit in a pocket........I once shot a Walther PPK in .380 at the range. I was impressed with the feel and fit and it grouped nicely out to 50ft.
                  I would prefer A 45ACP for defense but for a small gun I was impressed by the PPK.
                  Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

I wouldn't want to bet my life on anything smaller than .380 ACP. I've used a Walther PPK (.380) as a backup before, but found it wouldn't function with anything other than FMJ reliably. I carry a S&W Model 342 (.38) and find it ideal in this function when equipped with a "Big Dot" tritium front sight and Crimson Trace laser grips.
                    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I had a kel-drek .32 for a while. I couldnt hit anything more than 8-10 feet away. The gun jammed and was ammo sensitive. Broke on one or two occasions too.
                      My pocket gun is a Smith 642. The 442 is also a great gun. Far more effective than a .380, absolutely reliable, you can shoot through the pocket if you really need to.
                      I would avoid the Skye guns as well, just from seeing comments on their websites.
                      The Kahr PM9s dont much impress me either.

Comment

I have a Kel-tec .380 that I cary as a BUG and off-duty when nothing else will fit. The size difference btwn the .380 and the .32 is negligible, not enough to justify the smaller cartridge IMO. I keep mine loaded with Triton 95gr +P hp's. Mine is 100% reliable and very accurate. We have to shoot the same course of fire with our BUGs as our duty weapons. We shoot from 3 to 25 yds, from the draw, the ready, standing, kneeling, prone, etc, etc. and I have no problem qualifying with my gun in spite of shooting weak handed on everything from the draw since I carry it opposite my duty gun. Last time we qualified I shot 50/50 and 50/50 with my HK and 49/50 and 48/50 with the Kel-tec.
                        Kel-tec gets two thumbs up from me. In fact I recently purchased one of their new PF-9 9mm's, another very small, thin, light hideaway gun.

Comment

Pocket pistols, make me nervous, I just don't have the guts to carry a weapon not secured in a holster somewhere on the chest or waist line.
                          The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference.

Comment

Kel Tec .380

I carry a Kel Tec .380 on a vest holster when i'm on duty, and usually in my pocket when I'm off duty. For qualification purposes, it's tough to get a tight ring from 25 yards out but, considering most gunfights are within 3 yards, the kel tec is an excellent gun. It's like carrying a cell phone in your pocket.

Comment

But it doesn't feel uncomfortable knowing with your loose change there's a trigger? Thats what turns me off to the pocket guns, is that I use my pockets, and I'm perfectly sated with just my Kershaw BOA knife there, I mean how do you guys get used to that?
                              The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5199 users online. 284 members and 4915 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X