Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir. I think I have Winchester Ranger in it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LawManDan View Post
      Yes sir. I think I have Winchester Ranger in it right now.
      Wow. That opens up all kinds of possibilities.

There's all kinds of opinions on ammo, but almost all .223/5.56 ammo intended for social purposes, is pretty good at stopping bad people from doing bad things. You still need to match the barrel twist to your ammo.

Unless you have unlimited access to practice ammo, I think I'd still recommend a 1x9 or a 1x8 barrel, because practice ammo in the 55-grain range is cheapest. It doesn't do any good to have a 1x7 barrel to shoot 75-77 grain OTM bullets out of, if the ammo is so expensive that you can't afford to practice.
      Last edited by Aidokea; 02-14-2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

BCM, DD, LWRC, Noveske, Colt. It's also tough to beat the deal on a Geissele Super Duty LE.

But, it CANNOT end there. You need a quality sling (Blue Force, Magpul, VIckers, etc), quality light (Surefire, Streamlight, Modlite), and quality optic (Aimpoint, EoTurd.. err .. Tech, Holosun, etc).

If you do it properly, you're going to be into it for $3k before ammo. But, buy once, cry once.
        If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick View Post
        BCM, DD, LWRC, Noveske, Colt. It's also tough to beat the deal on a Geissele Super Duty LE.

But, it CANNOT end there. You need a quality sling (Blue Force, Magpul, VIckers, etc), quality light (Surefire, Streamlight, Modlite), and quality optic (Aimpoint, EoTurd.. err .. Tech, Holosun, etc).

If you do it properly, you're going to be into it for $3k before ammo. But, buy once, cry once.
        Good advice. There are tons of great brands now. No matter which one you get, send 2-3k rounds through it before staking your life on it. I'd spend the money on an Aimpoint over a Holosun for a primary rifle. The Holosuns are cheap and generally work, but their mounts have steel screws threading into aluminum (at least as of a few years ago).

Comment

And remember, If you use it to drop the hammer on some $hitbird, your $3,500 rifle is going to end up in the evidence room until the second coming...

Comment

I would suggest assembling your own AR-15. It's modular, and you can make all sorts of changes once you get used to using it on the job. Start with a quality lower receiver, and assemble up from there. FN and Colt come to mind, but everyone has their preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by 1811HairBag View Post
              I would suggest assembling your own AR-15.

Can not be custom built.

Comment

https://www.blueline.ca/rcmp_patrol_...icipated-2903/

https://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/E...5_e_43342.html

https://www.burnabynow.com/local-new...s-rcmp-3104488

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...sure-1.6434504

http://www.military-today.com/firearms/c8.htm

It only took about 145 years to roll this out - I know, PLEASE, stop laughing!
                #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

WASR-10 will do fine

Comment

Hey I’m new to the forums! LEO down here in SE Texas. Just crossed over my five year mark. Never have had my own personal rifle, just department issued. Looking at getting one soon. I have a personal taste in Sig and HK. HK rifles are out of my budget. Been looking at the Sig 516 and the Sig M400 pro. I’ll be honest I’m not a firearms expert and know next to nothing about AR platforms. I just thought the 516 looked unique being piston driven. Any have any person reviews on either one or recommendations on anything else? Thanks!

So what did you buy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3844 users online. 231 members and 3613 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X