300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruger p95

I was just hired as a reserve officer at a small dept. I know that the issue weapon is the ruger p95. Anyone know anything about them?
    I can't believe I do this for free!

p95

I had a p95. I was a decent weapon, but not that good. It is a double action first shot, then single. This is a problem for some folks, because of the different trigger pull from the first to the second shot. I had the gun for a couple of months then promptly got rid of it for a 1911.(a much superior gun)
    Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Comment

it's a good tough gun and will eat just about any ammo you feed it. - trigger pull is a little strange ( it travels quite a distance, esp. compared to my glock). i could never quite get used to it, so i traded it for something else

Comment

p95

i amnot a LEO, but i have a p95 decock only, i love this gun, its my seconed p95. it is built like a tank and will fire anything. i have fired over 1000 rounds through it without so much as running a cleaning cloth or anything down the barrel with out a single jam (yes i do clean my gun, bu that was my own personal touture test for it one day) i personaly love the ruger and i think you will be very happy with it.

Geter

Comment

Ruger makes fine guns, and I own several of them.

The first production run of the Ruger P95 had a design flaw. If I remember correctly, it had to do with the firing pin being able to launch a projectile when dropped in the decock mode.

Ruger, being a responsible company, recalled the P95 and made retro-fits for free. The retro-fit was named P95 MK II and the slide was stamped accordingly. I have one of them in my collection.

If your P95 has the retro-fit, you should be good to go. I agree with other posters that the Ruger is an extremely sturdy handgun which is accurate and reliable in the field.

Comment

I have a P95 and it is ok. Not the greatest but not the worst. I would recommend it as a starter gun but that is about it. Field stripping it is a challenge

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5981 users online. 335 members and 5646 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X