Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Depts Issue H-Ks?

I am not interested in an actual count.
    I am interested in why depts choose the H-K over the other leading choices, and whether there is any common characteristic.
    It isn't idle curiosity: I am thinking of expanding my business to cover LE as well and would like to sell the HK product.

Our department issues H&K USP .45s with the LEM trigger system and X200 tactical light.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

My department does not issue H&K but I personally own 2 H&K pistols and I believe that they are some of the best firearms made today. When we transitioned to our current Spingfield XD's we shot alot of different guns for comparison and the H&K's were the best in my humble firearms instructor opinion. The downside to them is the price.

Comment

My agency will issue a HK USP.40, either fullsize or compact. Prior to these it was the P-7M13.

We're looking at changing to the FNP40 due to the expense of maintaining the 10-12 year old USPs.

They can issue whatever they want, so long as I can keep carrying my 1911s.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

In my neck of the woods, no one issues HK's. It's all Glock and S&W up here. Although I think I saw a couple of Border Patrol guys at a funeral with HK's.

Comment

Ken, what, if any, issues are you seeing with those HK USP's?
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

It seems that you find issued HKs mainly in the Northwest and West. Around here it is almost strictly Glock (with some Beretta) territory. Part of that I suspect is poorly funded departments.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                Our department issues H&K USP .45s with the LEM trigger system and X200 tactical light.
                LA County Sheriff?
                -Sean

Comment

My agency started issuing H&K P2000 (40) I sort of like it because of the small size. I dont know how the officers with larger hands can use it comfortably though.
                  Reality is only a perception

Comment

Maine State Police carry USP's in .45acp. I don't know why they were chosen over anything else but I've never heard anybody complain about any issues with them.

Comment

Originally posted by AMT8951 View Post
                      In my neck of the woods, no one issues HK's. It's all Glock and S&W up here. Although I think I saw a couple of Border Patrol guys at a funeral with HK's.
                      This is true, although I know North Syracuse issues HK's and I believe Rochester and several other WNY departments have USP's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tmpd140 View Post
                        This is true, although I know North Syracuse issues HK's and I believe Rochester and several other WNY departments have USP's as well.
                        I know a lot of upstate dept's still use S&W Autos. For example Utica uses the Sigma, and I think Elmira and Monroe Cty Sheriffs use S&W's as well.

Comment

My agency carries the USP .45 full size. Our SWAT guys got them in 1997 and the rest of the agency started using them in 2004. SWAT picked them after trying several other brands. It had high capacity and light rail which were to its favor. That was before everything had a light rail on it. I think the rest of the agency went with it because they wanted everyone carrying the same weapon. SWAT wasn't giving up theirs so we all switched to the USP. I like it. I wish the double action pull was a little shorter and lighter but it could be worse I guess.

Comment

PHP Code:
                            I know a lot of upstate dept's still use S&W Autos. For example Utica uses the Sigma, and I think Elmira and Monroe Cty Sheriffs use S&W'as well
                            I thought EVERYONE in my home state, "the welfare state", was carrying Glocks with New York Triggers?!
                            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

My dept issues the USP .45. I haven't heard of any other Dept in my area issuing anything H&K. I've seen some guys at other Depts carrying them. I also have a USPc .40 that I carry off-duty.

The USP's as since well made gun but I agree the long first trigger sucks. I had one of the guys at my Dept fix that for me though. I thinking of installing a LEW trigger on it though.

Most other Depts in southern Wisconsin carry glocks though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6121 users online. 350 members and 5771 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X