Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desantis Die Hard or Galco Ankle Glove?

Looking for an ankle rig for a Glock 27. Just wondering your opinion or experience with either the Desantis Die hard or the Galco Ankle Glove. Obvious concerns are keeping it in place, quality and comfort. In about that order.

Thanks alot.

I've carried the Model 27 in a DeSantis Apache ankle rig. It worked great.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I love my G27/Galco rig. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I don't even feel it there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
        I've carried the Model 27 in a DeSantis Apache ankle rig. It worked great.
        I carry a 23 in the desantis

Comment

A 23? I thought bell bottom pants were out! For the extra 4 rounds (vs a Model 27 Glock) that's a lot more pistol to be carrying on your ankle isn't it?
          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Blu you must have MUCH bigger ankles than I do. I couldn't effectively hide a 27. Heck I have to be careful carrying a 23 on my belt!

Comment

I do not have personal experience with the Die Hard, but the Ankle Glove is fantastic. I read several reviews that said to make sure and get the calf strap with this holster. I did and have yet to see why I would need it. The holster holds my Smith 640 (all steel 357 snub nose) securely and comfortably on and off duty. Highly recommended.

Comment

I vote Galco. Got the glove for the Glock 26/27 and a S&W 60. I prefer to carry the Smith as it's much more comfortable & concealed. The ankle rig is ideal for the bug & is readily accessible when sitting in the patrol.
                Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

To those who expressed suprise that I carry a 23, it conceals nicely, and it is far more comfortable in my hand than a 27. I am not that large of a guy; 5'10 185, in good shape. I can conceal it in a variety of places on my body with no issues. I have been in plenty of foot pursuits and fights and never even thought about it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4129 users online. 249 members and 3880 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X