300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Barrel Rifle/ATF Form 1 question

Im looking to be doing an SBR build soon with a sig 516 upper receiver soon. Have any of you guys went through the process of building your own and doing the whole e-file process with the ATF? If so does the request have to be filed through the local PD of your area or the county? This will be my first time doing this, and I have no idea as to how this whole process works other than having to pay $200.00, provide photos, and finger prints.

Former ATF guy here. The Form 1 or 4 has a Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) copy that needs to be sent to your local police chief or sheriff.

I have personally done an e-Form 1 and a Form 4. My suggestion would be to find a gun store with a Special Occupational Tax (SOT) that allows them to deal NFA firearms. Its a pretty easy process but takes forever thanks to bureaucratic quagmire that is the Dept. of Justice (ATF & FBI CJIS).
    Last edited by SDM8492; 03-01-2021, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      There's one nearby that from the reviews I was reading will do it. The receiver market is pretty barren right now (looking to get a wilson combat mil spec possibly). I might just go about purchasing all the needed parts then doing the lower receiver thing last.

The e-form through the ATF website was great, and very quick.

The below is a great site with step by step instructions...you don't have to have a trust, great common questions answered.

https://www.guntrustguru.com/how-do-...plication.html

Comment

Update: decided to do a brace instead, its by far the heaviest "pistol" I currently have.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4889 users online. 261 members and 4628 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X