300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahr?

I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on the Kahr? I currently carry a G27 but I heard some positive things about the Kahr. So I was wondering what your opinion/experiences were?
    I love my G27 but I am always looking for better feeling/better shooting alternatives.
    Last edited by TXDSX; 06-04-2007, 10:44 PM.
    Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham

I just traded in my .357 snubnose revolver for a Kahr CW 9, I will give a report after I take it out tomorrow to try it.

Without shooting it, I can definately say it would conceal better than any of the Glock sub-compacts, because of the single stack magazine instead of the double. It has a much slimmer profile, and not that much less ammo capacity.

Comment

I love mine! I carry a P9 covert, slide length of the regular p9, but grip frame of the pm9. It shoots straight, digests every round I've put through it ( I currently use +p 124gr or +p+ 127gr. it's accuracy is really quite good particularly for the slide length and size of the sights. The biggest downfall is that the grip is so tiny when I fully depress the trigger my trigger finger sometimes hits my thumb. Most of the time I just point my thumbs out.

Comment

I have had my P9 for 4 years now and I have had ZERO problems with it. It shoots any and all ammo I put through it and it is very accurate. I think they are awesome guns. I want to get a .45 Kahr
        Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win

Comment

I have a PM9. Been 100% reliable. It's my BUG and everyday off-duty carry gun. Love the little thing.
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

I have a CW40, which is a little larger than the PM series. I absolutely love it. It is my off-duty gun and ankle BUG for on-duty. Never had a failure or jam and is great to shoot. Super smooth trigger, accurate, and a very concealable. Not that it matters, but it looks good too (I also wear it for plaine clothes assignments, i.e. court, presentations, etc). I am a slim guy, and needed a slim gun. I had a 4" XD before I got my Glock, and considered an SC XD, but it was just too fat. I really like the profile of the Kahrs.

One of our detectives shot mine after I qualified with it. He was quite impressed, and is very picky about guns. From what I have seen, very few people that have OWNED one have complaints about them.

Comment

First gun I carried was a K40. I didnt like it. It was heavy with a horrible trigger pull and loud as all get out.
              The newer elite triggers are a huge improvement. And with the polymer frames the weight problem is much reduced.
              But I wouldn't trade any of my 5 j-frames for one.

Comment

I have an old E9 that I bought used, years ago. The "E9" was an economy version of the K9. I don't think Kahr makes the E9 anymore, but I could be mistaken. I have not had any problems with it. Also, everyone who has ever shot it has been impressed. I never really knew what people meant when they said that a gun "pointed well" untill I fired a Kahr.

Comment

I believe the CW series is the replacement for the E series, as their "value guns". Available currently in 9mm and .40.

Comment

I have the Kahr P45. I use it as a back-up and off duty firearm. I love it. 6+1and a very slim profile. It's shoots accurately and has never malfunctioned. I have shot "dirt" ammo as well as duty ammo without problems. The only thing that is a little "off" is the trigger pull. I use a Glock 22 on duty and that is what i train with almost all of the time. The Glock has a trigger "reset." The click you feel so you don't have to let the trigger fully reset to fire again. The Kahr's don't have that so you have to let the trigger FULLY reset before you are able to fire another round. It takes some getting used too and some training, aka firing a bunch of rounds, before I was able to feel comfortable carrying it. I would reccomend the P45 to anyone....well not anyone....but most people to carry. It's a good solid, dependable firearm.

Comment

I had a "Covert" P9, traded it for the shorter gun. Both are very good pistols, both are well made, and both accurate.

For me, the Covert was more accurate, or at least I could shoot it better. In fact, I could shoot it better than my full size GLock 9mm.

Kahr's president is Sun Yung Moon's son...just as a bit of trivia. The newer CW series is less expensive, but still has an excellent reputation.

A .40 is too much gun for me. I want something I can shoot fast close up. The recoil of the .40 was just a bit too much for that.
                      "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Kahr

Originally posted by TXDSX View Post
                        I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on the Kahr? I currently carry a G27 but I heard some positive things about the Kahr. So I was wondering what your opinion/experiences were?
                        I love my G27 but I am always looking for better feeling/better shooting alternatives.
                        My offduty concealed carry that I qualified with on the range for a department back up weapon is the G27 and a Kahr P40. The Kahr is half the thickness of the Glock and shoots just as good at close range and is a reliable pistol as well. The only negative is you have to stay with Kahr brand mags which are very expensive if you want to have extra reliable mags and they are only 6 round mags. I made the mistake this year of buying six seven round magazines made by promag so I wouldn't have to spend all day reloading the two origininal mags I had to make it through a 50 round qual course and the aftermarket mags jammed so many times I thought I was shooting a sling shot. Never had a problem though with the Kahr brand name mags. The Kahr is an excellent small pistol just make sure you hang on to it. As far as off duty carry you can't beat the size. Pay the extra money though and get the PM (Poly Micro) model. That model is so small you can carry it in your front pocket.
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

I have a P40 and getting it to work has been a journey. You have to pick the right bullet to make it reliable. If the bullet is too fat, it has a tendency to engage the slide stop as the next round moves to the top of the magazine. 10 minutes with a file and PowRball ammo, and it shoots like a dream.
                          One thing about all the Kahrs I've fired, they are very accurate pistols.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5477 users online. 312 members and 5165 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X