300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you carry off-duty?

I'm gonna post this in the Ask-A-Cop forum....

Sorry....
    Last edited by flydream777; 06-01-2007, 12:26 AM. Reason: Posted in another forum....

If I'm sober, and in an un-prohibited area outside my home, I'm armed.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to conceal a 1911.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

always...................
      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Never leave home without it...

Comment

Originally posted by SinisterR6 View Post
          Never leave home without it...
          True, very rarely for me, but it is at least close by on the few times I don't have it on my person. Locking storage in the car is handy!

Comment

ALWAYS!!!! Unless I'm swimming, very intoxicated, or both.

Comment

I ALWAYS carry off duty. I'd swim with my sig if I could. Defensive tactics are great, and the more skilled you are at hand to hand combat, the better. Nevertheless, when you need a gun, NOTHING else will do.

Comment

I live in a small rural town that is very peaceful so I am usually not armed. However, whenever I leave town I have either my glock or my steyr
                I can't believe I do this for free!

Comment

ALWAYS...Unless I'm drinking beer off-duty...O.K., NEVER! I'm a Probation Officer and I live and work in s small, rural community. I run into way too many of my felons and parolees off-duty to be unarmed. I usually run into them in rural, outdoor places as well (fishing on the river, etc.) I have a decent rapport with most and treat them with respect...but I pray I never come across a meth tweaked parolee that has had 10 years to think about the PO that sent him to prison.

Comment

I carry it during the winter time but I dont carry during the summer..

Comment

Always.

"To protect the sheep, you gotta catch the wolf. And it takes a wolf to catch a wolf, you understand?"

Officer Ken Hammond was a wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by opskmallory View Post
                        Always.

"To protect the sheep, you gotta catch the wolf. And it takes a wolf to catch a wolf, you understand?"

Officer Ken Hammond was a wolf.

Who's Ken Hammond?

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2466711.shtml

Comment

Everytime I walk out the door,I'm armed. Unless I am drinking then that's a different matter.Otherwise I'm armed 24/7.
                            I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

I gotta admit....I retired almost 3 years ago after 27 years on the job. After year one, I rarely, if ever, carried off duty and in the last 15 years, NEVER. HOWEVER, about a month ago, I found myself in an altercation with a gangster-type at my local DOG PARK, for God's sake. Now, I'm sure my Mastiff would have eaten his little fluffy whatever-it-was, but he took exception to my telling his lady friend that there's a small dog area for a reason. I needed to "get out of her face", were his exact words. Fortunately, he backed down, but since that day, I'm carrying again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5544 users online. 300 members and 5244 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X