Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carried one of their "Double 9" pistols as a backup for a while years ago. Very unreliable and (IMO) poor quality control.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Nothing better then a Wilson. If there was they wouldn't all be using Wilson mags to make them work.

And whoever said Para hasn't shot a real 1911.

Comment

There's a lot of opinions on which 1911 is good or bad. To me, the 1911 that feeds and ejects without problems, goes BANG when I pull the trigger, and doesn't fall apart doing either of those things is the best one to get!

Comment

Originally posted by hbliam View Post
          Nothing better then a Wilson. If there was they wouldn't all be using Wilson mags to make them work.

And whoever said Para hasn't shot a real 1911.
          What? Para makes GREAT traditional (REAL) 1911s. They aren't all the LDA trigger, double stack style. Terrific quality for the fraction of what a Wilson costs.

Wilsons are hardly worth the HUGE price increase. Sure, they might be the best, but that doesn't mean you would go buy a Bentley instead of a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
            What? Para makes GREAT traditional (REAL) 1911s. They aren't all the LDA trigger, double stack style. Terrific quality for the fraction of what a Wilson costs.

Wilsons are hardly worth the HUGE price increase. Sure, they might be the best, but that doesn't mean you would go buy a Bentley instead of a BMW.
            A few years ago I plunked down some serious money(Serious money for me) for a Para Lda. I absolutely hated that gun, the trigger reset was loooonggg! I just could not get used to that weapon. I was always trained to keep the trigger back after the shot (follow through) and the reset was like pulling the trigger again-backwards. Nice weapon other than that, the guy I sold it to loves it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I still say it's awfully hard to beat the Kimber TLE II But there again, that' s just a opinion. I do love the 1911's however-a very good safe and powerfull platform IMO
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
              A few years ago I plunked down some serious money(Serious money for me) for a Para Lda. I absolutely hated that gun, the trigger reset was loooonggg! I just could not get used to that weapon. I was always trained to keep the trigger back after the shot (follow through) and the reset was like pulling the trigger again-backwards. Nice weapon other than that, the guy I sold it to loves it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I still say it's awfully hard to beat the Kimber TLE II But there again, that' s just a opinion. I do love the 1911's however-a very good safe and powerfull platform IMO
              That is because you got the LDA. Para now makes traditional single action, single stack 1911s that are just as good, if not better than any Kimber, Springfield, Colt, or other makers with comparable pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                The ones I'd stay from are Charles Daly, S&W, Taurus, in otherwords; the companies newer to the production of 1911s.

I personaly like my Colt and Kimber. I would not hesitate to carry a Wilson, Springfield, STI, or Nighthawk either.

Your answer lies somewhere in here: http://forums.1911forum.com/
                I say you are wrong, I have a Taurus 1911, and I will put it up against any 1911 you have, and I assure you I will smoke you and my Taurus will prevail flawlessly.
                Follow me!

Let your conscience be your guide!

Comment

Originally posted by 97ss150 View Post
                  ive used my daly for a while as well. lots of rounds through it and never an issue. even shooting nasty wolf ammo at the range. i had a lil ramp work done when i first bought it and never and issue. hope to get something good soon but ive never had even a jam in this weapon.
                  I see someone has stolen my avatar, well we share it .
                  Follow me!

Let your conscience be your guide!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2603 users online. 142 members and 2461 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X