300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO planning on visiting New Hampshire

Just wondering, i am a CO from FL and have to travel to NH this Sept. What is the consensus on Concealed Carry? Does NH believe that CO's are covered under H.R. 218? Obviously i would carry my Dept. ID but am i going to be O.K.?

Also i have questions about transporting my Glock on the plane. What are the rules on that?
    "Sir the reason we are treating you like you're always in Jail is because you are always in Jail. You've been here since 2003, isn't it about Time to take it up the road?"

I would think as long as you fit the criteria, for inclusion under LEOSA, then it would not matter what NH thinks. Just my 2 cents worth...
    Don't worry...all bleeding stops eventually!!

Comment

Right, however my problem comes with the wording of 218 in reference to CO's in particular.
      "Sir the reason we are treating you like you're always in Jail is because you are always in Jail. You've been here since 2003, isn't it about Time to take it up the road?"

Comment

I'm not an officer but I have my CC permit. If I'm not mistaken, Nh gives you reciprocity (sp). I too live in FL, but my folks live in NH. Should be ok
        -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
        -Daniel Silva

Comment

135db

ccpermit is not the same as hb 218 it is a law for cc for officers only

Comment

You can open carry anywhere in NH except a courthouse, without a firearms permit. If you have a FL permit, you can also carry concealed. I think the only restriction if you don't have a permit is that you need to unload if you get in the car... obviously with a permit, you don't.

If your trip is at least a few weeks away, you can probably apply for a nonresident permit. They don't take very long to obtain... but again, NH has reciprocity, so just get a FL permit; I'm sure the judge would streamline one for an officer.

As far as transportation via aircraft, unload it and lock it in a case in your carry-on. Be sure to notify the airline when you check your baggage, and make sure you check your baggage inside the terminal (not curbside). You might want to bring a copy of USC 18926A along, just incase you run into a liberal dip who doesn't know anything about the law.
            Last edited by BlackOp; 05-26-2007, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CODASHER View Post
              Right, however my problem comes with the wording of 218 in reference to CO's in particular.
              Right, but it doesn't matter if you are a CO or PO, as long as you meet the criteria for LEOSA...Do you have powers of arrest?...Do you work for a government agency?....Are you qualified to carry a firearm at work?...Are you under any disciplinary action?

This link should help you.
              http://www.fop.net/legislative/issue...8/hr218faq.pdf
              Don't worry...all bleeding stops eventually!!

Comment

Thank All Of you very much this helps alot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5270 users online. 295 members and 4975 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X