300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 45

I examined a Glock 45 at the LGS. I wanted to hate it, but it seemed pretty cool. Doe anyone have any experience with this pistol, especially with PML's and RDS's? Thanks and be safe.
    John from Maryland

I am running a G45 MOS with Aimpoint ACRO, Agency Arms threaded barrel and single port comp, X300U and some other options (stock internals) on duty. I carry in a G34 holster Safariland 6365RDS and 6395 RDS holster (depending on my uniform setup).

The G45 is the best shooting Glock I’ve ever owned. The shortened slide and lower reciprocating mass matched with full size grip makes for excellent control. I ran the gun in stock configuration with just the optic, and it was exceptional and very accurate. Putting the comp on made it just an absolute dream by smoothing out the recoil pulse and keeping the gun flatter. My previous gun was a Gen4 G17 MOS with RMR and from here forwards, I’m carrying a G45 for as long as I can. Just an excellent gun.

173825E8-F329-4214-B7D3-E7E74F57D72D.jpeg
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Thanks, Reedo. I was planning to purchase a Glock 17, but thought I should at least look at the Glock 45. I didn't think I would like it as I saw it as unnecessary, but I really liked the balance of it, Unfortunately, in this day and ge of social distancing, I will be unlikely to try one at the near-by range.
      John from Maryland

Comment

Will be purchasing one and making it my new duty gun. I'll give an initial review after my qual.

Comment

I own one and love it. I can't carry on duty since we carry 320's but it is an excellent choice for HD. The wife loves it as well and she is very accurate with it. Obviously it's just a 19 sitting on top of a 17 but it is a really smooth shooter out of the box. I added a streamlight tlr-1s and that helps to keep the muzzle down during rapid fire. If you like Glocks I doubt you'll have any regrets. I didn't opt for the MOS version but I run a nice pair of high contrast night sights and they do the job very well in all lighting conditions.

Comment

My department has issued the Glock 45 to replace our 40 cal Glock 27 and 23s. I hated the 27. The Glock 45 has nice improvements, including the trigger, magazine weld and front serrations. The 17 round magazine is a nice touch too.

Comment

Our department also went with the Glock 45 for duty gun, G19 top with a G17 bottom, whats not to like?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3500 users online. 238 members and 3262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X