300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&K Mk-23 SOCOM .45

Too big, heavy & expensive to carry for LE duty stateside, but an awesome handgun by any definition. Accurate and extremely reliable. Built to last forever. Comes with white light & laser pointer attachment & threaded barrel for suppressor. This gun attracts big time attention on the range!

I heard that H&K discontinued this handgun, which will probably drive the price through the roof!

Wonder if anybody has any comments on the availability and price of one of these awesome handguns?
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Yea, price is through the roof but they come out with some every year. They have only stopped manufacturing them for a short time. They'll make more.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel View Post
      Yea, price is through the roof but they come out with some every year. They have only stopped manufacturing them for a short time. They'll make more.
      According to H&K they are not making the MK23 for civilian sales again, and the run for military use is to end at the end of this fiscal cycle. H&K is gearing up for their run at the military sidearm competition (again) that is scheduled for late 2008 at this time.

Good luck finding one now, and as such they will be freaking pricey to say the least...
      Carpe Noctem

Comment

I'm at a loss to understand just what this oversized version of a USP can do that the standard version cannot.
        Last edited by pulicords; 05-23-2007, 01:10 PM. Reason: grammer
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Not much for most of us. It's value is more for Spec Ops guys who need a crew served handgun.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel View Post
            Not much for most of us. It's value is more for Spec Ops guys who need a crew served handgun.
            LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Now I understand!
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

CDI Factor.

It's the CDI factor.

What's that, you ask?

Chicks Dig It.

Bigger is better.
              Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

its so it can be used while wearing heavy gloves...

and survive anything a modern warrior wants to do with it..

i have a buddy who used one to drive some nails in Iraq...real nails, not the figure of speech...he didnt have a hammer...lol
                The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

SOCOM ownership is kind of like Harley ownership. There's a cult following among owners. If I had the cash and could find one, I'd get it and hang on to it for a few years. I expect it's trade value to top five grand over the next few years, providing it has all the accessories with it (fake suppressor, laser, light, extra mag). A true collector's item!

Comment

Originally posted by SWATCybercop View Post
                    SOCOM ownership is kind of like Harley ownership. There's a cult following among owners. If I had the cash and could find one, I'd get it and hang on to it for a few years. I expect it's trade value to top five grand over the next few years, providing it has all the accessories with it (fake suppressor, laser, light, extra mag). A true collector's item!
                    Don't hold your breath for that "five grand"! The numbers produced, quality of the workmanship and it's similarity to other models made by H&K will severely limit it's value as a collector's item. When I'm talking about about workmanship, I'm talking about the work it took to make the individual weapon (vs say a finely made, hand engraved, Italian shotgun). Enjoy shooting the piece if you want to, but I wouldn't look at it as an investment.
                    Last edited by pulicords; 05-26-2007, 04:17 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

That's what I like about public forums. Ask 10 different people, get 10 different opinions.

A friend of mine has a SOCOM MK-23, and been offered over 3K already by a retired SOCOM operator. He's holding out.

The only way I could afford one would be in the less than 3K range, and they are not to be had for that price (at least not in mint condition). It's a very unique firearm, and they aren't making any more.

Workmanship is not a problem with the SOCOM. They are built well, solid, and to last. They may not have any fancy engraving, but personally, if I had a 'fancy gun' in my collection, it would never see daylight.

Some people think Harleys are not built as well as Honda bikes. Nevertheless, Harleys hold their value a lot better than imports.

Comment

Gun Broker

Hey SWAT, I just looked on gunbroker.com and found one for just over 2k for "buy it now". I have seen them before on there for that price and under. I have to agree with you, there is just something about that gun (and pretty much any from H&K) that gets my blood pumping. I love my USP .45! I have yet to find a gun that has an action that feels as good as it. Racking the slide gives me a chubby everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by pofoperator View Post
                          Hey SWAT, I just looked on gunbroker.com and found one for just over 2k for "buy it now". I have seen them before on there for that price and under. I have to agree with you, there is just something about that gun (and pretty much any from H&K) that gets my blood pumping. I love my USP .45! I have yet to find a gun that has an action that feels as good as it. Racking the slide gives me a chubby everytime.
                          Hey guys, I need some help here! I own full sized USPs in .45 and .40 S&W and a Compact in .40, so I'm not exactly anti-H&K. That said, what can a SOCOM Mk23 do (other than take up space and empty wallets) that a full size USP .45 (with a threaded barrel) can't? I'm truly baffled!!!!

Comment

I think it just stood up to the military tests better than the standard USP would have is all. It also has the separate decock and safety levers that are all but unreachable for me. Now, how long will the gun last, who knows. My USP 45 has over 100k rounds on it and doesn't show any signs of stopping so that SoCom must really be something in the longevity department.

I almost bought one when they came out. They were 1200$ at the time and I thought they were way too pricey for something that was way too big for me. I guess I should have bought a half dozen of them as investments though!!

Comment

Pofoperator,

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked out the site:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=72840756

It looks pretty good judging by the picture, and seems to be a bargain (even though I would have preferred the black version). Now, the question is, What do I have to sell in order to pull the funds together?

Stay Safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5617 users online. 344 members and 5273 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X