300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toy

I love my new toy, AR15. just started breaking in the barrel today!
    My friend helped me build it, and just finished it yesterday. Put 5 rounds through it today, cleaning the barrel in between each round (as prescribed by DPMS). I would have put more through it, but it started to rain.

I even let my 7yr old daughter try a shot (I had to hold the front end of the rifle up for her, it was too heavy)
    Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Curious, why did you go with a stainless steel barrel instead of chrome lined? I'm presuming that's what you have because you don't do this procedure with a chrome lined barrel.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

chrome lined

the barrel is a chrome lined barrel. I am doing the break in process because DPMS put a tag on the barrel that said it was necessary
      Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Comment

Have fun! I built this gun a few years back. It has a Bushmaster barrel, DPMS upper, and a Olympic lower. I've used it on duty, and it works great. I think building an AR is diffintly the way to go.

Comment

WOW-that is exactly the one I want AMT! Great looking!
          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Since were whippin them out...

Here's mine:

Let the drooling begin...
            It's a Olympic Arms 40cal pistol upper, Modified Sten Magazine, and Shivak receiver M-203 in 40mm. I call "her" my 40/40. Enjoy
            As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Mine: RRA Elite CAR A4. The light and a few other minor things have been changed since the pic.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Nice looking stock there.
                As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Hey Dogcop, I'm thinking of getting one of those trigger guards like you got. Was it hard to install? Grog, you need therapy! (Only Kidding! Great Gun! I'm jealous!).

Comment

Was it hard to install?
                    Nope. Just knock the pins out and then install new trigger guard then knock the pins back in. Hammer, a simple punch and try not to slip and you are good
                    www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by AMT8951 View Post
                      Grog, you need therapy! (Only Kidding! Great Gun! I'm jealous!).
                      I get plenty whenever I go to the range

Comment

10.5” inch Lewis Machine Tool upper (A-3)
                        LMT full auto M-16 bolt carrier and key (MP tested and staked)
                        Bushmaster Lower with 4 point stock
                        Yankee Hill Machine Aluminum Picatinny Rails
                        Streamlight TL-3 (211 lumen) weapon light
                        Streamlight weapon light pressure switch
                        CAA G-27 lower grip
                        CAA quick detach fore-end grip
                        CAA stock saddle
                        CAA Magazine coupler
                        Northeast Tactical single point sling with “snap shackle” attachment
                        PRI big military latch

She’s my second love. Bring her on shift every day I work. All I need now is to upgrade to optics. I am so used to the good ole’ iron sights I have put off the optics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2942 users online. 137 members and 2805 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X