300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carry pistol/revolver

If you could carry any pistol on duty, what would you carry?
    I like a 1911 .45
    Follow me!

Let your conscience be your guide!

The dept I work for we pretty much can. Everything from Steyr M9A1's to Colt 1911's. I carry my personally owned Glock G17.
    People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

The one I do carry... H&K USP compact.

Comment

I carry a Glock 21, which is a great gun. However, if I had my choice, I'd carry an HK USP or a Sig 229, either in .40cal.

Comment

If I could carry anything I wanted..................
          MY S&W 66 or a 3913 de-cock only . But it's never going to happen so why dream?
          Forti Fors Bona

Comment

I guess I am old fashion, but if I could only carry on it would be a Revolver. I would probably go with a Smith performance shop tuned 686+ 357 mag 7 shot revolver. My second choice I all ready have is a Tuned Taurus Tracker 7 shot 357 mag.. When I started in law enforcement back in 1991, I started out carying a revolver (a Ruger GP 100). I did not feel under gunned then nor would I feel under gunned now. I am a K9 officer on call and I quilified with all my handguns I owned on the State course. I never know just what handgun I might have at the time. I shot my Taurus just as well as my Glock 22, and that is not with the practice I had the Glock over the years.
            In a gun fght what counts is putting rounds on target not just spraying and praying. I shoot the revolver better. And as far as caliber goes, it is hard to beat a 357 magnum as far as a fight stopped.
            Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

My dept allows a wide range of 9mm, .40 and .45 semi-auto pistols. Glocks are prohibited as are any other pistols w/strikers vs hammers, but 1911s are okay. I carry a Nighthawk Custom .45 on duty. Interestingly enough, our organization recently eliminated the option of carrying revolvers as a primary duty weapon, although we can still use them as "back-ups" or off-duty weapons.
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I would (and do) carry a 1911.

Comment

I do like my Glock 40's. We were just advised we can now carry the Smith M&P 40 and I bought one of them. Now to get out and shoot it.

Comment

I can and I do - HK USP Compact .357 sig.

Comment

I love my H&K USP in .45ACP. It carries 13 rounds and if allowed/wanted can be carried in Condition 1, cocked and locked. I can't carry it cocked and locked so it being a double action first round weapon, it's great. Not too heavy and it fits even my smaller sized hands.
                      Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                        I love my H&K USP in .45ACP. It carries 13 rounds and if allowed/wanted can be carried in Condition 1, cocked and locked. I can't carry it cocked and locked so it being a double action first round weapon, it's great. Not too heavy and it fits even my smaller sized hands.
                        Ditto. Plus, I have the Streamlight TLR1 on it. Great weapon, depenable, light, hard-hitting .45, very accurate/easy to fire, and a tac light to boot. The best of all worlds!

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                          This is the issue weapon for our department, although currently in the LEM (pre-cocked DAO) version. It's a good weapon, but we recently were given the option to carry privately purchased 1911s. I gave up the extra 4 rds to have an all steel, cocked and locked tack driver with a great single action trigger. The grip's more comfortable, the trigger's perfect and I plead "Guilty" to the fact that I like having a nice set of Cocobolo wood grips on it!
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3209 users online. 151 members and 3058 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X