300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 19 v 23

Hi, I graduate from the Police Academy next week. I am going to purchase my off duty weapon as soon as I get out of the academy. The dept. carries Glock 22's, and my back up weapon will either be a J-Frame or a 27. As far as an off-duty weapon, does any one have any thoughts on which would be better, the G19 or G23? I am leaning on the 23 since I am used to shooting 40 cal. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I might go with the 23 if I were you. Keep everything the same caliber and mags from the 22 will work in the 23 and 27. I have a 19 and its one of my favorites. The question for you is really caliber as there is no difference other than that.

Comment

23, its what i got, wont trade it for anything... love it
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Save your money and just buy the 27 and use it both as your BUG and off-duty. I own a 22, 23 and 27. If I could do it "all over", I would have skipped the 23. The 27 is not that much smaller than the 23. If you have a 27, really no point in a 23. Buy a 23 mag, put the mag sleeve on it, and bam, you have total choice with your 27. You can leave it compact with no finger extension, or put the 23 mag (with sleeve) in there and you have a "full grip". The difference in barrel (hence overall length) is barely half an inch.
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog70 View Post
          Hi, I graduate from the Police Academy next week. I am going to purchase my off duty weapon as soon as I get out of the academy. The dept. carries Glock 22's, and my back up weapon will either be a J-Frame or a 27. As far as an off-duty weapon, does any one have any thoughts on which would be better, the G19 or G23? I am leaning on the 23 since I am used to shooting 40 cal. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

If you are going to carry a G22, then the very next gun you should aquire is a G27. I personally would not even consider a G23 for off-duty; I would get a second G27 as that would make it easier to carry two guns off-duty. To go along with carrying two G22s off-duty like Your's Truley does, carry atleast one G22 magazine for back.
          The suspect then repeatedly assaulted this officer by slamming his face into this officer's fist.

Comment

damn computer is kicking my *****
            Last edited by Big Texan; 05-13-2007, 07:21 PM.
            The suspect then repeatedly assaulted this officer by slamming his face into this officer's fist.

Comment

Oops, double post

Comment

I love my 23...

Comment

I would just stick with the 27 as your BUG and your off duty weapon. The grip extender or the 23 mag would make it a hell of alot better to control. Even your 22 could be carried as an off duty weapon with the right holster and belt. Spend the 400 or so dollars on some other cool cop toys
                  If he knocks your teeth out swallow them and hit back, never give up because an officer doesn't deserve to die on a dirty street.

Comment

I carry a glock 19 and i love it just bought it brand new a couple months ago. cant go wrong

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3093 users online. 187 members and 2906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X