X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudChris
    replied
    Originally posted by aftermath View Post
    I'd be too scared of accidental discharge with it in my pants seeing as it could cause....permanent damage. Also, who the hell carries without one in the chamber?!? That's plain stupid, IMO of course.

Like you I also carry with 1 in the cradle, but I wouldn't say someone who didn't was just plain stupid. Carrying concealed is 100% about being comfortable and confident. If you can rack and aim as fast and I can just aim, and it makes you more comfortable and confident, than more power to you.

Leave a comment:

• aftermath
    replied
    Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
    Glock goes in a holster. Only gangbangers and movie stars carry it otherwise. If you're not going to carry a round in the chamber, its not worth carrying. Hundreds of thousands of Glocks are carried daily worldwide without incident. BTW, I also wouldn't carry a 1911 unless is was cocked and locked. Just doesn't make sense otherwise.
    I'd be too scared of accidental discharge with it in my pants seeing as it could cause....permanent damage. Also, who the hell carries without one in the chamber?!? That's plain stupid, IMO of course.

Leave a comment:

• Ejohnson
    replied
    I have 2 holsters for my Glock 23, both cover the trigger guard. I usually carry mine with one in the pipe, although I have been known to not have one round in from time to time. Where I work (Army Base), I'm not allowed to chamber one. I have practiced many times and have a system where I can rack it while I draw and go into my shooting position. Hey, necessity is the inspiration of ideas. Just hope I don't do that off-duty and waste one round, but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by kentreserve45 View Post
    I would NEVER go lower than 5.5 because if you do need to use your weapon on duty and the news or the lawyers find out you have your gun set to easily go off they will tap dance all over you.
    Bingo! Any duty gun should not be modified for that very reason. The trigger pull can be modified, but is not a good idea unless it is strictly a competition gun (and you're a competition shooter.)

Leave a comment:

• kentreserve45
    replied
    Originally posted by trebel14 View Post

You said the trigger is very easy to manipulate?, are you refering to the same way that was mentioned before on just releasing it so far and then pulling again? thanks!
    The more range time you get the easier it will be to tell where that click is right before you can fire off another round. When dry firing try to keep that in mind and it will be easier to feel it on the range.

Leave a comment:

• kentreserve45
    replied
    The 5.5lbs trigger is factory. I have the NY style trigger on my 22 and I honestly like it. It's an 8lb pull instead but gets rid of that space before the round goes off. The NY style trigger is what I think should be used by law enforcement. I would NEVER go lower than 5.5 because if you do need to use your weapon on duty and the news or the lawyers find out you have your gun set to easily go off they will tap dance all over you.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    What's an "ND"?

ND=Negligent Discharge (aka: AD=Accidental Discharge).

Leave a comment:

• trebel14
    replied
    thanks for the input dogcop! yes i am a novice glock user.... I'm not sure what an ND is but im guessing its a missfire or something along those lines. only reason i would consider making the trigger a lighter pull is it wont be a concealed carry gun, just home protection and practice at the range.

You said the trigger is very easy to manipulate?, are you refering to the same way that was mentioned before on just releasing it so far and then pulling again? thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    so what would be a good trigger weight? i think they are factory 5.5 lbs?
    And 5.5 lbs is where it should stay. There is NO need for it to be lighter. It is a very easy trigger to manipulate, just requires some practice. You guys sound like novice Glock owners, so DON'T alter it in any way. You are just asking for a ND or worse! It came from the factory the right way, buy plenty of ammo and practice and practice some more.

Leave a comment:

• trebel14
    replied
    so what would be a good trigger weight? i think they are factory 5.5 lbs?

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    i like it alot, only thing i dislike about it along with my dad is how long the trigger pull is, its a tad heavy but that i can deal with but its just soooo long. can you make it a shorter pull? i know you can make it a lighter pull. thanks
    You can modify the pull weight on the Glock, but modifying the pull length is not a good idea and can be very dangerous. (I should say a qualified Glock gunsmith can modify the pull weight.) The pull length is longer than a 1911 for sure, but much shorter than most DAO guns on the market. Give it time and you can rack off rounds with incredible speed and accuracy.

Leave a comment:

• eman2k5
    replied
    Hey guys i was just looking at glocks and was wondering how you all carried your glocks? As in do you have a bullet chambered and ready to go? not chambered or what. because i see the only safety is on the trigger, how safe is that for conceal with a bullet chambered? thanks

blackhawk cqc serpa + glock 23

(some ranges allow gun holster shooting)

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    Nightshift, you're right on the number of S&W models. It was the stainless DAO 3900 series (3943 perhaps?).

Leave a comment:

• patroldog
    replied
    Trigger Pull

ok thanks for clearing that up dogcop! ....... Ok so im just going to take the liberty in asking a new question in this thread because i think there are some people that have posted in it to be very knowledgable. So my dad picked up his glock today and we took it to the range... i like it alot, only thing i dislike about it along with my dad is how long the trigger pull is, its a tad heavy but that i can deal with but its just soooo long. can you make it a shorter pull? i know you can make it a lighter pull. thanks
    A gunsmith can probably answer your question in more detail, however here is a little info I picked up which may or may not be common knowledge.
    When you fire the first round, the trigger does not have to be completely disengaged, simply release the trigger until the audible "click" the weapon will the repeat fire, try it out.

Leave a comment:

• patroldog
    replied
    Safety

Glocks are probably the safest handgun to carry, concealed or otherwise, any officer that carries a duty weapon on duty with a empty chamber is inviting disaster. The safety rule for Glocks is the same for all firearms KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO FIRE THE WEAPON, that way there can be no accidental discharge, Even if you carry concealed, no holster (not recommended) if you do not place your finger in the trigger, the gun will not fire. Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3792 users online. 269 members and 3523 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X