Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so aside from carrying it in a holster, if you have one chambered all it takes is the trigger being pulled?
    That is usually the way guns work.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

What are you 10 years old?

Originally posted by trebel14 View Post
      so aside from carrying it in a holster, if you have one chambered all it takes is the trigger being pulled? I have heard alot of guys too scared to carry their 1911 in the cocked and locked position saying they just arent comfy and its to risky for them. (even though its prolly the best way) so my question is if you arent carrying it in a holster how would you carry it? what is the likelyness of it going off, not a 100% sure on glock safetys yet.
      The likeliness of it going off should be 100% when you pull the trigger. The risk deminishes when you dont pull the trigger.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Actually

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
        Glock goes in a holster. Only gangbangers and movie stars carry it otherwise. If you're not going to carry a round in the chamber, its not worth carrying. Hundreds of thousands of Glocks are carried daily worldwide without incident. BTW, I also wouldn't carry a 1911 unless is was cocked and locked. Just doesn't make sense otherwise.
        Most Police carry is condition 1 but when I was in the Marine Corps it was condition 2 with the 1911's and with proper training you can engauge targets just as quick. But it has to be consistent training. We used to train with drawing the pistol and slingshot while bringing the pistol into shooting position but like I said it takes practice and not something I trust to novice.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Uncle Mike's IWB size 12 is specifically sized and cut for Glock 26/27s.

I use an Uncle Mike's size 4 pocket holster also. Both cover the trigger guard.

Comment

Uncle mikes make the cheapest crappiest holsters never use them. I went through two of them because they were issued, the damn bolts fell out after time.

Comment

hey guys, sorry for any misunderstandings... and NO im not concealing it and dont plan on it. i shoot alot of my dads guns and cousins guns and my dad is looking into getting one. so i was just asking the questions out of curiosity. the reason i said the part about having a couple holsters that dont cover the trigger is not all holsters do, so was wondering what those guys did. and i guess the answer is dont use those kinds. also i was just looking to see if anyone didnt carry it chambered, most of the time when my cousin conceals he doesnt have it chambered, he just practices alot on the draw and sliding it. hope this clears some things up.

Comment

If a person is not satisfied with the safeties already in place on a Glock, and then they purchase, a Glock, but don't feel safe carrying it chambered (the way it is MEANT to be), WHY DID SOMEONE BUY A GLOCK????
                If you LACK such confidence in your ability to carry a firearm in the state it is meant to be (loaded), I would wonder: 1) Does the person have ANY training in proper gun handling. 2) Should they even be CARRYING a gun to begin with? 3) Revolvers don't have external safeties, neither do Sigs or alot of other guns, so what is the issue? 4) What is the reason they think the gun is "just going to go off" and not carry it chambered in a proper holster? 5) See #2 AGAIN!
                www.saveavet.org

Comment

hey dogcop, take it easy, anyway hopefully all that wasnt directed at me. i guess i shouldnt have brought this thread up, i was just curious and know i have read some places where people dont like carrying chambered. i think some people just get worried something they do may make the gun move around or catch on something. but the solution is a good holster and you have no problem. anyway......

Comment

Originally posted by blackwaterops View Post
                    Uncle mikes make the cheapest crappiest holsters never use them. I went through two of them because they were issued, the damn bolts fell out after time.
                    Yep they are cheap. $12 for IWB or pocket. Neither have any bolts, they are just stiched together. Use them daily and they hold up well.

Comment

If you have children dont chamber when its not on your person. My duty wepon is alway chamber until i get home. My off duty\backup is the same. Both are 40cals. I have the LEO 2-1/2lbs triger on mine with no slip grips.
                      "An officer has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent."

Comment

hey dogcop, take it easy, anyway hopefully all that wasnt directed at me.
                        No, this was not all aimed at you. I am aiming it at the people that are not responsible and well trained gun owners. From people that don't know what they are doing is when there are reports of "the gun just went off" stories in the media that makes all gun owners look bad.

I have the LEO 2-1/2lbs triger on mine with no slip grips.
                        2.5 lbs trigger, you have on a Glock? That is not a LEO trigger, that is a competition trigger that has no place on a defensive weapon.
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

?

Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
                          Oddly enough, I knew an officer on an allied agency who was afraid to carry his newly purchased Glock 26 with a round chambered. He packed the weapon Israeli-style. He eventually went to a S&W which was probably best for all concerned.
                          Which Smith? They make so many models.

Comment

ok thanks for clearing that up dogcop! ....... Ok so im just going to take the liberty in asking a new question in this thread because i think there are some people that have posted in it to be very knowledgable. So my dad picked up his glock today and we took it to the range... i like it alot, only thing i dislike about it along with my dad is how long the trigger pull is, its a tad heavy but that i can deal with but its just soooo long. can you make it a shorter pull? i know you can make it a lighter pull. thanks

Comment

Glocks were designed to be carried Condition 1. It's about as safe as you acan get IMO..unless you toss it in a fire, that round in the chamber is NOT going to go off unless the trigger is depressed..period. 1911'...IMO same way, the piece was designed to be carried cocked and locked. If you have it cocked and locked there is NO way (unless the sear notch in the hammer shears off) that that round is going to go off unless you take off the manual safety, depress the grip safety, and pull the trigger. 99% of Accidental/Negligent discharges come from a failure on the part of the operator.. i Know, because i had one (1911), and it was ENTIRELY a malfunction between my ears...not the handgun.

Comment

Safety

Glocks are probably the safest handgun to carry, concealed or otherwise, any officer that carries a duty weapon on duty with a empty chamber is inviting disaster. The safety rule for Glocks is the same for all firearms KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO FIRE THE WEAPON, that way there can be no accidental discharge, Even if you carry concealed, no holster (not recommended) if you do not place your finger in the trigger, the gun will not fire. Stay Safe
                                law dog

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2512 users online. 135 members and 2377 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X