300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you carry your glock?

Hey guys i was just looking at glocks and was wondering how you all carried your glocks? As in do you have a bullet chambered and ready to go? not chambered or what. because i see the only safety is on the trigger, how safe is that for conceal with a bullet chambered? thanks

i assume everyone carries it with a bullet in the chamber because if i have to engage someone i don't want to waste time working the slide, just makes sense to me.

Also there are 3 safties total with the glock, such as a drop safety. Take a look at the website and it explains them
    Last edited by Highwaystreets; 05-10-2007, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trebel14 View Post
      Hey guys i was just looking at glocks and was wondering how you all carried your glocks? As in do you have a bullet chambered and ready to go? not chambered or what. because i see the only safety is on the trigger, how safe is that for conceal with a bullet chambered? thanks

Carry it in a holster. You will note that this covers the trigger, so no problems unless you reholster with your finger in the trigger guard.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Chambered of course. Usually most handguns with safety's (and they are in the minority) are carried with the safety off anyways. I'm sure you can always find someone that carries his weapon safe but that is usually the exception.

EDIT: Aside from a 1911 which is kept cocked & locked.

Comment

so aside from carrying it in a holster, if you have one chambered all it takes is the trigger being pulled? I have heard alot of guys too scared to carry their 1911 in the cocked and locked position saying they just arent comfy and its to risky for them. (even though its prolly the best way) so my question is if you arent carrying it in a holster how would you carry it? what is the likelyness of it going off, not a 100% sure on glock safetys yet.

Comment

Glock goes in a holster. Only gangbangers and movie stars carry it otherwise. If you're not going to carry a round in the chamber, its not worth carrying. Hundreds of thousands of Glocks are carried daily worldwide without incident. BTW, I also wouldn't carry a 1911 unless is was cocked and locked. Just doesn't make sense otherwise.
            Originally posted by kontemplerande
            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
              Glock goes in a holster. Only gangbangers and movie stars carry it otherwise. If you're not going to carry a round in the chamber, its not worth carrying. Hundreds of thousands of Glocks are carried daily worldwide without incident. BTW, I also wouldn't carry a 1911 unless is was cocked and locked. Just doesn't make sense otherwise.
              Agreed.

I carry my 26 in a pocket holster, though it is a bit big so I need to be wearing the right pants. Or in an IWB holster.

Comment

loaded

I carry my guns loaded. An unloaded gun is just a very small club. A good holster should cover the trigger guard, and provide some retention(be it a thumb bread snap, or a good enough fit that the gun doesn't move.)

I carried a Glock 22, but that is now going to be a strictly duty weapon, now I am back to the gook old 1911 . I make custom holsters for myself and friends. When I build a leather holster, I mold it to the actual gun, the fit is very good, with good draw ability. All are made to cover the trigger guard, and many have the thumb break.
                Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Comment

Originally posted by kcr View Post
                  Chambered of course.
                  +1. Anything else on a duty firearm could cost you your life.
                  People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

l................................................. .....................................l
                    Last edited by kruwl; 03-06-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Oddly enough, I knew an officer on an allied agency who was afraid to carry his newly purchased Glock 26 with a round chambered. He packed the weapon Israeli-style. He eventually went to a S&W which was probably best for all concerned.
                      John from Maryland

Comment

The best safety is training, training, training...

Comment

agreed holstered and chambered is the best way to carry one. but i was mainly talking about concealed carry, like the holsters you fit on the inside of your pants, i have a couple, that dont go over the trigger, so i was mainly just wondering. thanks for all the replys guys!

Comment

If you have a holster that doesn't cover the trigger guard, especially an IWB and especially with a trigger like the Glock, you'd probably better purchase another holster.
                            John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by trebel14 View Post
                              agreed holstered and chambered is the best way to carry one. but i was mainly talking about concealed carry, like the holsters you fit on the inside of your pants, i have a couple, that dont go over the trigger, so i was mainly just wondering. thanks for all the replys guys!
                              Wait a second wait a second. You're 18 years old, why the hell are you concealing a handgun?

And... if it's legal where you are than uhh... nevermind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5525 users online. 373 members and 5152 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X