300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock .40 Subcompact Slimline

I know that this isn't the Glock forum, but I was thinking that it might be kind of nice if Glock were to come out with a single stack version of the G27. It looks like their website makes reference to a Subcompact Slimline series. As I peruse around gun forums it looks like others have speculated about the possibility of a single stack Glock .40 Subcompact Slimline. Maybe they could announce it at the 2008 SHOT Show, but I rather doubt that things move that fast.

I am actually hoping they make a slimline .380 to compete with Walthers and Sig 232's. They could really size them down quite a bit. It would make a nice off duty gun. It would have to be made in the US though because the 25 and 28 cannot be imported due to federal restrictions.

Comment

Called something different

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
      I know that this isn't the Glock forum, but I was thinking that it might be kind of nice if Glock were to come out with a single stack version of the G27. It looks like their website makes reference to a Subcompact Slimline series. As I peruse around gun forums it looks like others have speculated about the possibility of a single stack Glock .40 Subcompact Slimline. Maybe they could announce it at the 2008 SHOT Show, but I rather doubt that things move that fast.
      They do make a slimline or slimmer glock subcompact 40 that shoots as good or in my case better than the G27. It's called the Kahr P40 or even smaller and thinner the Kahr PM40. Try one out. They are great for concealed carry.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by USP45FAN View Post
        I am actually hoping they make a slimline .380 to compete with Walthers and Sig 232's. They could really size them down quite a bit. It would make a nice off duty gun. It would have to be made in the US though because the 25 and 28 cannot be imported due to federal restrictions.
        What federal restriction would that be? Just curious.
        -Mike
        The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

The ATF import point system. The .380 puts the score too low and it cannot qualify to be imported. An agency can buy a .380 from Glock, but an individual cannot.

Comment

If you look at the 25 and 28, the dimensions are already the same as the 26/27, no real point anyway even IF they could be imported. I think a .380 Glock would be a loser. They would never make one as small as a Kel-tec for example, so why bother with an anemic cartridge? I agree with the Kahr comment (I own a PM9 and LOVE it). Kahr beat Glock to the punch in terms of a "slim line" pocket rocket. I carry a Glock on duty (G22) and own 2 other Glock's (G23 and G27), but for me the Kahr is a winner for a small, off-duty weapon and BUG. I carry this thing everywhere.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

I agree that importing the 25 and 28 would be pointless. I do think there are enough people who carry .380's who would be interested in a slimline version if it was small enough.

Comment

what about a glock in .32 acp.. an 18rd compact glock..lol..

Comment

Originally posted by USP45FAN View Post
                  The ATF import point system. The .380 puts the score too low and it cannot qualify to be imported. An agency can buy a .380 from Glock, but an individual cannot.

i Think an individual Officer can purchase if he gets a signoff from his chief, no??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3711 users online. 235 members and 3476 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X