300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol Rifle

How many of you carry a patrol rilfe at work? Did you have to buy it, or is it department issued? Stay safe.
    Yes (personally owned).
    40.00%
    Yes (department owned/issued).
    40.00%
    No.
    20.00%

I have both and qualified with both, but carry the dept issue.
    People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

I stay qualified on the agency's M-16s, but I refuse to give up my 12 ga. to be issued a rifle.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Colt AR6520 "Law Enforcement Carbine" AR-15A2.

Only department issued long arms are allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
          I stay qualified on the agency's M-16s, but I refuse to give up my 12 ga. to be issued a rifle.
          Whoa, you have to have either or? I keep all three!
          People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

I have both. My Dept. Issued a AR and a shotgun (Mossberg 590). I also have approval to carry my AK. The AR ride in the trunk in a nice case (it also has optics). The AK rides up front and is subject to the environments.
            Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

dept issued AR15 M4 and Mossberg 590 shortie. That's all, folks.

Comment

Department issued AR15-A1, (a National Guard M16-A1 that has been converted to semi-auto) as well as an Ithaca Model 37 12 gauge boomer...
                Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by JKump View Post
                  I have both. My Dept. Issued a AR and a shotgun (Mossberg 590). I also have approval to carry my AK. The AR ride in the trunk in a nice case (it also has optics). The AK rides up front and is subject to the environments.
                  What kind of ak did you get? what brand ?

just asking because i have a GP WASR hi-cap 7.62x39 w/ a 75rnd drum
                  sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

We have a rifle team to include myself and go to the range every couple of months. Our rifle is the M14 hand me downs from a near by military base. Might go to the M4 in the near future.
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

My carbine. It's a little differant now but you get the idea.

Oh and here's my 870.. Oldie but goodie. Like the carbine this one has changed slightly, but the photo is a good representation.

Comment

We have several older model Mini-14's sitting safely in the armory. I am one of a handful who go on patrol with a Remington 870 12 Guage. I have a drop down leg rig with around 50 rounds of ammo and a couple of belt mounted pouches. My PS is on the regional SWAT unit and K-9 so he has a persnoal M-4 and Mossberg in his trunk. We are the exception for patrol with long guns and get some crap for it. The few older guys I look up to don't carry them but like us for doing it and say they are glad someone does.

Comment

My dept. owns about 18 AR-15 (RRR's) which are issued to select officers (not sure the selection criteria, but nothing very specific). All officers are allowed to carry their own rifles, subject to training, qualification and approval from the Director. I personally have a DPMS AP4 with a few modifications, and 130 rounds available.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/5.56...4_carbine.aspx

All officers are issued Remington 870 Police shotguns.

Comment

Everyone of our police vehicles is equiped with a Colt "Commando" (11.5" AR-15), with collapsable stock and tactical light. Each officer is issued an H&K 32round magazine for the carbines and uses them for his/her shift. About 20 officers were members of the rifle team, until it was recently disbanded. They can still deploy with their issued 20" AR-15s. Each of these has a tactical light and a Leupold CQT scope.
                            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Along with the shotgun we are issued a M-1 carbine. They are working on State bid trying to get some M-16, but so far we have only been able to get one.
                              Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4405 users online. 228 members and 4177 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X