300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XD Trigger Blisters

I own & love XDs--reliable, well-made, fits the hand perfectly, accurate, etc. However, has anyone else had the problem of what I've come to name as "XD Trigger Blisters?" That is, when you shoot the XD for an extended period (as in qualifying, training), your trigger finger gets sore and/or blistered from the way the 2-part trigger rubs the finger. I've experienced this myself--along with other officers that I've trained with--to the point that it gets painful to shoot after a while, which seriously puts the "screws" to your accuracy/scores.

At least in my case, repeatedly pulling the trigger rubs the hell out of the lower part of my finger where the finger first touches the trigger safety then has to be pulled a bit harder to be flush with the trigger itself and then pulled just a bit more to set the trigger. I've rubbed an actual raw (painful) blister on my finger and had to tape/wrap it to finish shooting after working on the range a few hours. I've even had to switch weapons to finish the course (in my case, I went to my P99, which has a wider more rounded trigger that wraps around the finger more comfortably).

Anyone else have this problem?
    "... They think I'm crazy... But I know better... It is not I who am crazy... It is I who am MAD!... Didn't you hear 'em? Didn't you see the crowds?!! Oh my beloved ice cream bar... How I love to lick your creamy center... And your oh-so-nutty chocolate covering... You're not like the others... You like the same things I do... Wax paper... Boiled football leather... Dog breath... WE'RE NOT HITCHHIKING ANYMORE... WE'RE RIDING...

--Ren Hoek, Space Madness

Seems like Glock and SW M&P would have similar troubles.

My Office was evaluating the FnP.40 and I got a sore trigger finger too. That trigger guard is too small and close to the bottom of the trigger.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

[QUOTE]Seems like Glock and SW M&P would have similar troubles.[QUOTE]

True. Haven't shot the M&P yet, but nobody complained about their Glocks doing the same. You'd think it would though due to the 2-part trigger. I think it's a combination of the way the XD trigger is designed and the overall pull weight of the trigger. Having said that, factory Glocks that don't have trigger jobs are notorious for high trigger pull weights, so you'd think they'd be just as bad.
      Last edited by ArcLight; 05-08-2007, 11:24 AM.
      "... They think I'm crazy... But I know better... It is not I who am crazy... It is I who am MAD!... Didn't you hear 'em? Didn't you see the crowds?!! Oh my beloved ice cream bar... How I love to lick your creamy center... And your oh-so-nutty chocolate covering... You're not like the others... You like the same things I do... Wax paper... Boiled football leather... Dog breath... WE'RE NOT HITCHHIKING ANYMORE... WE'RE RIDING...

Comment

Having said that, factory Glocks that don't have trigger jobs are notorious for high trigger pull weights, so you'd think they'd be just as bad.
        I went to my local Glock rep and asked him if there was any complaints, about trigger blisters. After I was finished asking him my question, I then pulled the little plastic ring attached to the string in his neck. Then in a rather mechanical tone, he said the following three phrases,

The gun is fine, you're limp wristing

The gun is fine, it's an ammo issue

Glock has never had a recall, would you like you're factory 'upgrade' now?

When he was done speaking, he offered me a glass of Cool-Aid and sent me on my way
        Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Originally posted by fyrdog View Post
          I went to my local Glock rep and asked him if there was any complaints, about trigger blisters. After I was finished asking him my question, I then pulled the little plastic ring attached to the string in his neck. Then in a rather mechanical tone, he said the following three phrases,

The gun is fine, you're limp wristing

The gun is fine, it's an ammo issue

Glock has never had a recall, would you like you're factory 'upgrade' now?

When he was done speaking, he offered me a glass of Cool-Aid and sent me on my way

Hmmm... limp wristing? Ammo issues? Recalls? Na. Sounds like your local Glock rep hasn't spent much actual working time on the range. BTW, he should stay off the Kool Aid and get that plastic ring hanging out of his neck checked out.

Comment

I get them with Glocks, but not XDs. I don't think the M&P would have this problem since it's two-stage trigger hinges in the middle, it's not a "tigger within a trigger" like the Glock and XD.
            -Mike
            The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Mike hit it right on the head.

Originally posted by MikeUD View Post
              I get them with Glocks, but not XDs. I don't think the M&P would have this problem since it's two-stage trigger hinges in the middle, it's not a "tigger within a trigger" like the Glock and XD.
              Mike took the words out of my mouth. Your issue with the XD though I havent experienced it and have shot both it and the Glock a great deal is when the trigger resets your finger is getting stung over and over by the actual "inner trigger", XD is the same. But look left under my profile name. Our duty pistol the M&P breaks in the middle on a hinge which takes that sting away plus it has a small stop behind the trigger making sure no overtravel occurs and reset is shorter and quicker for follow up shots. If your finger doesnt adjust with time and it's a real problem for you see if they will let you guys go to the M&P or SW99 or a 1911 single action.
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Glock reps

Originally posted by ArcLight View Post
                Hmmm... limp wristing? Ammo issues? Recalls? Na. Sounds like your local Glock rep hasn't spent much actual working time on the range. BTW, he should stay off the Kool Aid and get that plastic ring hanging out of his neck checked out.
                They are known for blaming limp wristing and the shooter, the sales reps are the same way when in fact especially any glock above the 9mm in caliber wears the slide frames so greatly with their sheet metal inlays the actual frames seperate a great deal and over flex after much shooting causing many problems if you even slightly hold the pistol( while firing) less than a vice grip hold problems will arise. The way that gun works specifically requires firm platform hold. Dont believe it? Next time you shoot your glock or any glock take your thumb off your grip and hold it over the back of your slide like you want to hold the spent round in place after it cycles. Most would say bye bye thumb right? Not true. The round will fire, your thumb will stay and the spent casing will remain in the chamber like a single shot. I didnt believe it til I did it on the range with all the available glocks. Neat if you want to keep your brass. but it proves of the needed flex in the frame also to perform proper action
                Last edited by Nightshift va; 05-08-2007, 05:24 PM. Reason: content
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Shoot it as much as possible you will develope a callouse and it wont bother you anymore. I love the XD it is a great platform.

Comment

Of all the shooting I've done with my XD, and with Glocks, I've never had that problem. I haven't even heard of it until now. Hopefully it'll keep going my way and I won't get any blisters.
                    sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5898 users online. 323 members and 5575 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X