300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sig 239 for duty?

Anyone out there use a sig 239 for uniform carry? Or know someone who does? Just looking for general opinions. Being of the smaller handed variety I am weighing out my options ahead of time. Any input is appreciated.

Can't go wrong with a Sig, I don't think they make a bad gun. If you can deal with having a 7 or 8 round mag capicity, there is no reason that the 239 couldn't be used on duty. BTW I think 8 Rds of .40cal would be plenty.
    However, there probably aren't a lot of duty holsters made for the 239.

Comment

A lot of ladies in my Dept use the 239 and none of the complain about it. I'd recommend a quad magazine pouch though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThursCo View Post
        Anyone out there use a sig 239 for uniform carry? Or know someone who does? Just looking for general opinions. Being of the smaller handed variety I am weighing out my options ahead of time. Any input is appreciated.

Blackhawk makes some good holsters for the P239.
        Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately I've had girlfriends with bigger hands than mine. I hate having short fingers. I checked on the safariland website and both the 070 and 6280 have models that are made for the sig 239. Those are the two holsters that I see most often in this area.

Comment

I have pretty small hands (most gloves sized S still have some finger room) and I have no problems firing or handling my issued P229R. I'd try that out before sacrificing magazine capacity and the light rail for a smaller grip. The 239 isn't that much smaller.

...and if you're going to be limited to less than 10 rounds at once, might as well go for a single-stack 1911.
            -Mike
            The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

We issue the SIG 239 to our detectives. When they're in uniform for special events, they carry it in the 6280 with an Uncle Mike's quad carrier.

I would urge you to try one of the higher capacity SIG pistols. We have some officers with fairly small hands. While we're willing to install short triggers or issue smaller pistols, all are currently doing fine with the standard 226R.

If the 229 or 226 is just too big for you, the 239 will serve you well.
              John from Maryland

Comment

I carry one as my back-up, and wouldn't hesitate to carry it as my only duty weapon.

Comment

i purchased a galco leather slide holster for my 10mm glock.
                  my sig 239 will fit almost perfectly in that holster with no snags what so ever.

Comment

Individuals who have smaller hands use the P229. It has the same capacity as the P226. You can also change the grips on your issued guns.

The P239 capacity is 7 + 1 in the chamber. Good off duty..but don't know if I would carry it on duty.

Here is a link with the specs: http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/model/229/229.htm
                    Last edited by deputy x 2; 05-09-2007, 09:24 PM.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Short Trigger

Sig makes a short trigger that is very affordable and can be added to most models to lesson the reach for the smaller handed people to further shorten the reach.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5526 users online. 352 members and 5174 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X