• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Rifle Scope

...............................l
    Last edited by kruwl; 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM. Reason: l

An Eotech or Bushnell Holosight would be a good choice

Comment

Go Trijicon ACOG. A little more expensive, but you won't regret it.
      Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

We just put Eotech sights on rifles. I didn't understand how they worked at first and was skeptical. It took me about 5 rounds to be sold on them though.

They are lightning quick to acquisition compared to iron sights.

Comment

Agreed. Nothing beats a good quick-acquisition holographic sight. As I understand it, EOTech will even provide holographic sights for limited test and evaluation for LE.
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I have a Bushnell HOLOsite that I'm very happy with. I have it on my M4 that I use on patrol and on our TAC team. It's very fast and tough. Probably not quite as tough as a EOtech, but I work in Upstate NY, not Bagdad. I used to have an older 400 series Holosite that finally broke after a bunch of years of faithful service. I wrote a letter to Bushnell explaining what had happened, and how I used the thing for work. They sent me a new 500 series Holosight, free of charge. How great is that!

Comment

I have used both an Aimpoint and EOtech. I currently have an EOtech on my M4 and love it. I have fired thousands of rounds in the 5 months I have had it and have had no problems what so ever. I have had the same batteries in for the duration. Something I consider to be superior about the EOtech is the large sight picture and the low profile of the unit. As you aquire your target the outline of the sight all but disapears from your line of sight. All that you see is the reticle with the dot. The price is fairly reasonable also. EOtech is the way to go if you want speed, reliablity, durability, and ease of use.

Comment

I've used the EOTech, ACOG, and the Aimpoint M68. In my opinion, the EOTech is not as durable as the others and I didn't shoot as accurate. At the 25 meter zero, my group was about 2.5 in. diameter. As for the Aimpoint M68, very good and accurate. My grouping at the 25 meter was about the size of a nickel. The ACOG would be among the best, but the most expensive. Don't get me wrong, all of these are great weapon sights, but I would go with the Aimpoint for room clearing/high risk traffic stops. If you're going to do any kind of longer range shooting, would definately go with the ACOG. It's pretty pricey though. No matter what site you purchase, training and becoming proficient with it in all types of scenarios is the key to success and survival. Hope this helps and that I wasn't too long here.

Comment

Trijicon "Reflex" Keep both eyes open and put the dot where you want the bullets to go. Within 100 yards, it's extremely fast and in close (25 yards or closer) much easier to use than an optic device with any magnification. Also, no batteries to replace or worry about.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I have a Bushnell holosight

on my DPMS AR. It is built in the same factory as the EoTech, just does not have the 'hood' AND (this is the biggest fault of the Bushnell) every time you turn it on the reticle brightness comes on at the same intensity setting '7' it will not remember a brighter setting, so I generally have to spend a few seconds turning it up brighter, you get used to it.

If money is not an option, ACOG is the best sight on the planet, period.

Comment

Here is another vote for the Trijicon Reflex. For what you need it should fit the bill.
                      Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

Eotech gets my vote, I love mine...but are you serious calling it an ASSAULT Rifle. Man, you are not P.C. at all You didn't state, do you have a flat top or a permanent carry handle. This can affect the type of red dot you get based upon the ease of mounting. If you have a flat top, go Eotech, if you have a carry handle, I would go Aimpoint.
                        Last edited by dogcop; 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM.
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

l................................
                          Last edited by kruwl; 03-06-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

AR does stand for Assault Rifle. Correct?
                            Nope, it doesn't. It is an interesting subject to do research on. Stands for Armalite Rifle.

Quick "history" lesson here (pilfered from Wikipedia...lol):
                            The AR-15 is based on the 7.62mm AR-10, designed by Eugene Stoner of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation. The AR-15 was developed as a lighter, 5.56mm version of the AR-10. The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite name, not "assault rifle" as is commonly believed.
                            Last edited by dogcop; 05-08-2007, 03:07 PM.
                            www.saveavet.org

Comment

i have an aimpoint and love it. you should still be proficient with the irons though

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6278 users online. 369 members and 5909 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X