Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireCop203
    replied
    I used to carry a Ruger Mini-14 GB with a factory folding stock. I've seen a FN-Fal mounted on the front side of a cage in a car. Game rangers here used to carry M-14's. I saw some after incident photos of a trooper who had been killed back in the 70's. He was using a lever action 30-30 when he was shot.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    I'd give my issued AR back in a New York second if I were allowed to use my own M-1A.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick1701
    replied
    Originally posted by 1tyme View Post
    We just stood up a panel to look into fielding 7.62 platforms! I have an EBR with an EXPS 3-0 so I'd like to see this through. I'm guessing if it happens, SCARs, AR 10s and M1As will be on the approved list.
    We also have the option to carry 762
    I run an M14 with eotech and magnifier...when that 308 barks, everybody knows it!
    (we also have M4s but those are a dime-a-dozen)

Leave a comment:

• Crazed
    replied
    We have MP5s in all the cars, but I would prefer an M4.

Leave a comment:

• 1tyme
    replied
    We just stood up a panel to look into fielding 7.62 platforms! I have an EBR with an EXPS 3-0 so I'd like to see this through. I'm guessing if it happens, SCARs, AR 10s and M1As will be on the approved list.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    Zombie or not, it has relevance and people seem to learn from it.

On the few real-life occasions I have wanted a long gun, I grabbed ole Mossy instead of my AR. Old habits die hard.

Leave a comment:

• jchughes05
    replied
    Zombie Thread: Re-Re-Resurrected.

My department issues its patrol officers M4s & AR15s. The SROs are issued select-fire Sig 556s and I think our Tac team might be getting MP5s in addition to the ARs.

We are also issued Mossberg 500 and Rem 870 shotguns.

Leave a comment:

• BARNABY JONES
    replied
    Just traded out my M4 for an older Sig 556 classic (non-folder).

Our department does not issue rifles to the officers at this time, but we are allowed to carry any rifle that is either 5.56 or 7.62x51 that is "approved by the firearms instructor". The last firearms instructor approved an officer to carry a kel-tec plr-16. He ended up installing a stock and registering through the BATF as an SBR. It works pretty well for him, not my cup o' tea tho...

Leave a comment:

• rgv_cop
    replied
    My agency uses a mixture of H&K 33, H&K 53, Mini-14 (with semi, tri, full auto selector switch), and M16.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick1701
    replied
    Originally posted by DST.Rat View Post
    We used to always carry m-14 in all of our patrol cars and Dept switched to dpms m4's with eotechs. I wish we still had m-14 though. Several so' s still carry m14's. 308 is a little better round for out here but at least we have rifles in all cars so I cant complain.
    .308 has its uses for sure... especially if you are out in the boonies like you and I are

Leave a comment:

• DST.Rat
    replied
    We used to always carry m-14 in all of our patrol cars and Dept switched to dpms m4's with eotechs. I wish we still had m-14 though. Several so' s still carry m14's. 308 is a little better round for out here but at least we have rifles in all cars so I cant complain.

Leave a comment:

• 5031OKC
    replied
    Holy crap! 2007 Zombie thread! The incredible part is that prior to its resurrection this thread still stretched over 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick1701
    replied
    My department will let you carry pretty much anything as long as you qualify with the weapon.
    The dpt issues an SBR M4 (Full Auto), an M14 (full size) and a 12ga (pretty terrible shape).

There is a department I ride out with when I visit family (in dallas area) and they are issued P90s.
    Our local game warden carries an AK in his rig.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    I'd give my right arm for a rifle in the car. I personally own both an AR and an AK, but we have to carry issued firearms, so they both stay home.

Leave a comment:

• dontknowwhy
    replied
    My old department let us carry any 'reasonable' rifle as long as we qualified with it and used a non-training ammo. I bought an M4, along with a few others, but a detective carried and M1 and another somehow got a Thompson (replica) approved.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4801 users online. 285 members and 4516 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X