Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and about Mini-14s and 30's...I can see why he wouldnt want them to be issue patrol rifles.

Ive seen, heard and read nothing amazing about them. They are overpriced for what they do.

Give me option between a junker $300 WASR AK and a $450 Mini-14, ill take the junker AK thanks.

More reliable, just as accurate, real cheap high cap mags.

Comment

My department has an HK93 with a full-auto trigger group.

Comment

MHPD exclusively uses M4s for their patrol vehicles. 7.62x39 wouldn't be bad either (Saiga, AK, etc) but I highly doubt that the department could purchase them with the current budget. It'd be interesting to see if an officer could use his own rifle as long as it was approved. I doubt though that "exotic" weaponry with a Russian flavor to it would be allowed thanks to public appearance.
        Last edited by 10-19; 05-09-2007, 12:57 PM.

Comment

My father and I put more then 20,000 rounds of wolf .223 thru his saiga and we did not have any failures at all. if i buy one i want the short barrel .308

Comment

I want a Steyr AUG A3. Cant seem to talk the right people into buying me one.
            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

South African Police Service issued rifles as mentioned above are the Vektor R5 (based on the mid-sized Galil - only better quality), and the .308 R1 is based on the FN FAL Para.

We used to have these as general issue, with longer and SBR versions of the R1. Very few remain available at only a handful of Stations at this time.

Personal rifle used is the SIG SG 552-SP.

States-side in the not too distant future, I'm hoping to be able to use my personal purchase LWRC M6A2 CQB (SRT 10.5" SBR).

Comment

Ghostrider, be ready, as you may not be allowed to re-import your LWRC to the US. Check first, you may need to sell it there, and replace it here after you are lawfully resident. Check about importing a Short Barrelled Rifle. If it is full auto, forget it, it is prohibited.

Remember that you need to check first with ATFE, and if they allow it, check with Customs & Border Protection at the Port of Entry where you expect to enter the US. And get everything in writing!

We issued the Steyr AUG 3 shot burst. My 1st choice in a 5.56 rifle.

Before you push for the P90, remember, other than the AP round, the ballistics are just like 22WRM. Unless you really need to penetrate body armor, the P90 round is a weinie. Will you trust your life to a 22WRM? Not me. Heck, I hit a coyote with 2 rounds of 55g JHP 5.56, and he still ran off!(They were not hits where I wanted, but all I could get. You could be in the same situation.)
                Last edited by Sleuth; 05-14-2007, 05:18 PM.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

Sleuth : Copy that brother, thanks for the feedback. PM sent.

Comment

Anyone seen the new beretta cx4 storm rifles?

Comment

My department has a pretty decent list of what we can choose from:

AR15/M16
                      Mini 14
                      M1A or an M1
                      Steyr Aug
                      Hk 91
                      Hk 93
                      sigpic

Comment

I believe that the Linn County Sheriff's Office (Oregon) still uses Winchester 94's as a patrol rifle, or at least did as of a few years ago. I do not mean to say this was their only patrol rifle, but I have heard of a few units going on patrol with them, and some guys using them to qualify.
                        "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Comment

We are in the midst of rewriting our Patrol Rifle /Shotgun policy. For years all we have been allowed to carry were either Mossberg 590 with 14" barrel or standard Remington 870 Police Shotguns with a smattering of m-4 Carbines for those on the regional swat team. We do have 3 or 4 mini-14's in the Armory but in my 10 years ive not seen them on patrol.

I think the newer Mini-14's have been redesigned the Mini series to address a few shortcomings. I think overall it aint a bad rifle for what it was intended, a short handy rifle theat needed a minimum of maintainance (and we know how some places are for cleaning weapons). I bought a Mini-30 for a camp gun and I beat it pretty bad and it has never given me a hiccup in 7 years. Having used the M-16 /M-4 series while in the Marines I wonder if it would be a good choice for those who forgo cleaning. I think I would lean toward one of the newer models with the operating rid versus the gas system.

I have always thought the Springfield SOCOM model would be ideal for patrol work with the various array of newer LE round in 7.63x 51.

Comment

Originally posted by mdcdt187 View Post
                            Anyone seen the new beretta cx4 storm rifles?
                            I was about to post that question....we're being issued the px4 storm as our new sidearm, and there is some speculation about getting the carbines too since the mags are interchangable.
                            "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
                            - Edmund Burke

Comment

I wonder when Remington is going to come out with their version of an AR since their pump patrol rifle seems to be going nowhere.
                              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by beungood View Post
                                I have always thought the Springfield SOCOM model would be ideal for patrol work with the various array of newer LE round in 7.63x 51.
                                I love M1As and would like nothing better than to be able to carry one as my patrol rifle, but I've heard a number of negative things about the SOCOM's lack of accuracy and excessive muzzle flash. With that short (16" bbl), I believe there's insufficient burn time for most 7.62x51 rounds. If the standard bbl was shortened to 18" that might solve the problem. Even in it's standard version, the M1A/M14 is an exceptionally accurate piece, reliable and a lot more hitting power than the .223!
                                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4730 users online. 285 members and 4445 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X