300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol Rifle Other than AR.

I was wondering if anyone out there carries a patrol rifle other than an AR15/m16/m4 on patrol? If so what kind? One dept. nearby carries Ruger .40cal Carbines (PCR?). Another dept just got rid of thier M1 Carbines about two years ago.

Ruger Mini 14 or Mini 30 would be a common answer, and Remington is trying to get into this market now as well with :http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm

Comment

Some of us former military and firearms experts are on a rifle squad that make up about atleast two or more on each squad of patrol that are equiped with the M14.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

an ak-47 in my patrol car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
          Some of us former military and firearms experts are on a rifle squad that make up about atleast two or more on each squad of patrol that are equiped with the M14.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok now i'm jealous.

Comment

No kidding what dept is this? I love to be able to carry a 7.62 x 51 chambered battle rifle.
            People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

has anyone got to shoot a H&k 416 or a sig sauer 556 rifles yet...
              i am saving my money for a sig 556 rifle..

Comment

We've got a handful of FN-FAL's available for the tac team, but they're more of a special application weapon. We're currently in the process of transitioning to the Sig-556.
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

If I had a choice I would go with the FN P90 or 2000, or Barrett M468
                  One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

I've seen a few Mini 14s, and I have heard that some agencies carry AK-47s.

Comment

I ALMOST had my chief convinced to let me use one of the Garands we had tucked away in the Armory for a Patrol rifle..of course this was at our Awards dinner, and alcohol was involved.....

Comment

A Sheriffs deptment I used to work for had a bunch of brand new Mini-14's sitting in the Armory. The head firearms guy was an a**hole, who was also running for sheriff. He said the Mini-14's were junk and refused to qualify anyone to carry them on duty. I don't know of any PD , in my neck of the woods, that would let thier guys carry AK's. BTW I went to a LE funeral the other and saw the NYSP honor guard. They were carring lever action Winchesters (94's I think). I'm pretty sure they don't use them on patrol.

Comment

In South Africa each vehicle will should carry at least one R5 a 5,56mm calibre assault rifle and there is a rumour that we will be re-equipped with the R1 a 7,62mm assault rifle due to the increase of CIT incident and armed robberies

http://groups.msn.com/SouthAfricanPo...apsphotos.msnw
                          Last edited by Rattel; 05-09-2007, 10:17 AM.
                          If you run, you'll only go to jail tired

Comment

We're looking into the FN-P90. Anyone had any experience with them?
                            "Don't mistake my kindness, for weakness"

Comment

Originally posted by billtex213 View Post
                              We're looking into the FN-P90. Anyone had any experience with them?

whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ammo is ultra expensive, and the whole system/ammo situation is pretty rediculous..not many P90 users out there really.

stick with someone thats in wide circulation.

there are much better options for you than the P90.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2925 users online. 164 members and 2761 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X