300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A glock question

I was looking at the sig 226 ( I think) and noticed that it is able to fire two different calibers, .40 S&W and .357 sig. I was wondering, can glock pistols do the same? Could I "frankenstein" my glock 22 into a 17 by changing out the barrel and the magazine? The specs for the 17 and the 22 are about the same, just different diameter for the barrels.

You can swap barrels for your glock 22 and make it a 357 sig quite easily. It's just a glock 31 barrel.

I read an article awhile back that said BarSto makes a 9mm (glock 17) barrel that will fit in a glock 22 and function. I haven't tried this one. I have tried glock 23 to a glock 32 though, works great.

Comment

No

Originally posted by msouzajr View Post
      I was looking at the sig 226 ( I think) and noticed that it is able to fire two different calibers, .40 S&W and .357 sig. I was wondering, can glock pistols do the same? Could I "frankenstein" my glock 22 into a 17 by changing out the barrel and the magazine? The specs for the 17 and the 22 are about the same, just different diameter for the barrels.
      Short answer yes it probably works I mean I wouldnt go with the 40 barrel and round in a 9mm, the oposite should be fine the less chamber pressure on the hotter gun but for two reasons you shouldn't try it.
      1. You might loose your eyesight
      2. You will void any warranty you have on the pistol . ever.

Call Glock and ask them Hypothetical questions. and say you are "John Smith"
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Does it work, yes. The only thing is, some internal parts are different across the calibers. .40/.357 sig is pretty much the same parts. Spring loaded bearings are different hence the different colors across certain calibers. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't "frankenstein" your Glock. .40 and .357 sig look like the parts are straight across, minus the barrel and mags. Could be an interesting question to Glock...
        Last edited by 1798; 05-04-2007, 01:29 AM.
        "All statements made shall be protected by the First Ammendment to the U.S. Constitution in which I have sworn an oath to protect."

Just don't expect me to agree with yours...

Comment

It will fit and cycle properly, but I think you'll find there is too much play between the barrel and the slide. The 17 barrel is almost 1mm smaller in overall diameter than the 22. It will shoot, but over time can cause stress and fractures on the slide.

Comment

Just for range you can use one of this barrels, and I said just for range use because I wouldn't trust it with my life, I've used it for rage with 0 malfunction You just have to get the G 17 mag and you'll be set.This are top quality barrels and will enable you to shoot 9mm from your G 22.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/default.asp

Comment

We use G17, and even then we dont carry on our belts, most of the time they stay at the station, or in a box under the car seat.
              we primarily use Mace, and Batons, they have just introduced the X26 Taser, and we only have two of them.
              We scream for fear of suffering silence. - Savage Garden

Comment

you can switch a glock from .40 to .357 sig with a barrel change and mag chnage, Glock says so in their FAQs...you have to use Glock parts though
                Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I called Glock up and asked tech support. The guy I talked to said the barrel width is too great, and it would just "flop" around the slide. He also mentioned that the firing pin and the extractor are much to different to change from .40 S&W to 9mm. He even said that .357 sig is not recommended.
                  Oh never even asked my name, guess they got caller i.d.

Comment

The change from .40 to .357 is possible because the case head size is the same. .357 Sig is just a knecked down .40 S&W case. .40 to 9mm is not advisable due to difference in case head size. One would have to change the slide to obtain the proper size breach face. Would it work? Might...probably not reliable. Is it safe? NOOOO!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6830 users online. 362 members and 6468 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X