300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIght sights for Personal Weapons?

So about a month ago i was able to get a Gen 4 Glock 26, and a Kimber 45 cal from a friend of mine. However they don't have night sights on them. As I've really only dealt with my Issued weapon previously, Id like to ask a recommendation for a decent set of Night sights for each gun.

Thanks guys.

I have some Trijicon HD's that I like.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Any specific color?

• Aerohead
      Aerohead commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the orange ones.

• reils49
      reils49 commented
      Editing a comment
      Color is a personal preference. I have green.

I change out my off duty and duty sights to the Ameriglo LumiGreen front sight and Hackathorn Black Serrated Rear sight.

Comment

Trijicons are great. We use them on our issued sidearm and I also have them on 2 or my personal Glocks. I would higly recomend them.

I also have a set of Ameriglo Pro i-Dot sights on my M&P Shield. The sight is high quality, and I love the concept of a large front sight over a more or less open rear sight. However I find them a slightly higher profile than the trijicons and that my natural point of aim is off a bit.

But that’s me, they might work for you. And I am very particular about this so someone else might not even notice thair natural point of aim being off during their target acquisition.
      Last edited by reils49; 06-14-2019, 06:43 AM.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

My sig has the siglites on them and they are great.

Comment

My personal weapons have weapon mounted lights. Glock 43 with TLR6.

Comment

Originally posted by boconnor View Post
            So about a month ago i was able to get a Gen 4 Glock 26, and a Kimber 45 cal from a friend of mine. However they don't have night sights on them. As I've really only dealt with my Issued weapon previously, Id like to ask a recommendation for a decent set of Night sights for each gun.

Thanks guys.
            I feel like Mr. Doom & Gloom for some of the negative commenst I've posted lately, but that won't stop me now when I ask -

Do you really think you will ever use night sights?

I bring this up because several years ago I switched from a S&W Chief's special to a Glock as an off duty gun. When I did so, I just has to equip my new gun with a laser. I envisioned the practicality of such an item, how much more accurate it would allow me to shoot, particularly in a combat situation, and all that other BS they come up with when they try to sell you bells & whistles.

Our timed qualification doesn't even remotely resemble a combat situation, but even then, i discovered there just isn't enough time allotted to use the laser. It made me realize I have a nice toy on my gun, but in a real life shooting situation, the odds of effectively using the toys we buy are slim.

If you wantv to do it, then do it. But at least think about it ahead of time. Will you really use night sights? Do you really need them?

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• boconnor
              boconnor commented
              Editing a comment
              That's actually a good question. The Kimber actually has a laser on it to begin with. However I don't like the factory u shaped sights on the Glock, and the Kimber has no defining marks in the sights, and to be honest I am used to the 3 dot night sights on my duty weapon. If I'm not going to use them in a real life situation I get it, but I do want to be comfortable with Target acquisition even in low life situations.

I install Truglo TFO on all of my handguns. They are both night sights and fiber optic sights built into one. No matter how much or little light there is they shine bright and are super easy to pick up.

Comment

I have a Glock 43x as a CCW and nightstand gun. I installed a set of Trijicon sights with the glow in the dark front an black U notch rear. For me, the outlines on the rear sights or rear glowing dots are distracting and slows my time for target acquisition.

Comment

Ameriglo sights are American made, steel, and use Trijicon tritium vials. I would look there first.
                "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Go with trijicon or truglos for the glock. For the Kimber I would just put fiber optic sights on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7647 users online. 312 members and 7335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X