300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics/Sights Recommendations?

So I recently got a brand new Daniel Defense DDM4V7 off of gun broker. Love the rifle, but unfortunately it doesn't come with any sights. Currently, Im thinking of just putting Magpul polymer sights on it for the time being, and getting an optic down the road. I looked at an aim point pro today, and seems to be a pretty good optic. Anyone have any suggestions? As far as Green dots go, are there any out currently that are on par with an aim point optic? Thanks guys.

Green is a questionable choice for RDS optic reticle color, as it’s more prone to washing out in bright light conditions. Red has enough contrast to stand out against everything you will be shooting at.
    The two best optics on the market that won’t break the bank, but that are very high quality, are the Aimpoint PRO and the Trijicon MRO. You went to the trouble of buying a quality rifle like the DD, so don’t cheap it out on optics and buy something substandard.

Magpul MBUS are affordable, and more than adequate for what your needs likely are. If you need to save up a bit for a quality optic, the MBUS will give you what you need until then.
    Last edited by Reedo; 06-16-2019, 09:43 PM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Im leaning towards aim point, I don't need it right away so ill hold off for a bit on it. I picked up the MBUS sights off of Palmetto state armoury since they had the set for 49.99 due to a promotion going on. Any knowledge of any of the Sig Romeos? Heard the 5 is good, and the 7 is a mixed bag.
      Last edited by Levithane; 06-10-2019, 01:03 AM.

I like my troy irons. I also like my eotech.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Tried an Eotech about 2 years ago on my neighbours duty M4 at the range, I have to say I am not a fan. Im not sure if his battery was going dead on it, but the optic image was fuzzy.

On my patrol rifle I Run AimpointPRO but on my personal rifles I have Vortex on all of them. The SPARCII with the LE discount cant be beat

Comment

+1 on the Trijicon MRO Green dot, I like it over my aimpoint T1's.

Comment

One thing I like about my Aimpoint, is that if I'm shooting into the sun, I can close the front scope cap and use the Bindon Aiming Concept- the right eye sees the dot against the closed scope cap, the left eye sees the target, and the brain seamlessly superimposes the dot on the target.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Which aim point do you have? Debating on whether to buy a new aim point pro, or just buy a used aim point Comp M4.

I have the full-sized ML2 in a Larue cantilever mount, and an Aimpont 3X magnifier in a Larue flip-off mount behind it.

Any Aimpoint red dot sight will work, when equipped with a flip-up front scope cap. Just make sure to put it in a good mount.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Im not too familiar with the mounts. Im currently winning a used Comp m4 in an auction for under $300. It comes equipped with an A.R.M.S throw lever mount and 30 MOA spacer. This is all gibberish to me, as I would have been content with the QRP2 mount.

UPDATE

So I managed to get a lightly used Aimpoint Comp M4, paid no where near MSRP. My current set up is the comp m4 with flip up Magpul MBUS sights. The Aimpoint came with a bikini cover, any other accessories for it worth investing in?
        Last edited by Levithane; 07-04-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post
          So I recently got a brand new Daniel Defense DDM4V7 off of gun broker. Love the rifle, but unfortunately it doesn't come with any sights. Currently, Im thinking of just putting Magpul polymer sights on it for the time being, and getting an optic down the road. I looked at an aim point pro today, and seems to be a pretty good optic. Anyone have any suggestions? As far as Green dots go, are there any out currently that are on par with an aim point optic? Thanks guys.

Take a look at the Nightforce f1. If I remember it's slightly over $2000. Not sure about green but this one looks neat too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6570 users online. 265 members and 6305 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X