300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snub nose revolver holster

I just bought a Taurus 650 "CIA" revolver with a 2 inch barrell. I'm wondering, will pretty much any holster made for "j-frame" work? Does anyone have any particular suggestions?

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
    I just bought a Taurus 650 "CIA" revolver with a 2 inch barrell. I'm wondering, will pretty much any holster made for "j-frame" work? Does anyone have any particular suggestions?
    Great little gun, I had an 850CIA that my ex got in the divorce...

As to your question, yes any leather J-frame holster will work, I don't know about the new plastic stuff from Fobus, Blackhawk, etc. I carried my Taurus and my S&W 642 both in a small pancake style from J.W. O'Rourke out of Hartselle, AL. Very well made, it's an open top holster but it is molded to the gun and holds it very securely, in fact I'm using the same holster right now with my Bulldog .44. I suggest you check his site, I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat.

www.gun-holsters.com

Comment

Yes

If that is a 5 shot then most J frame holsters should work. I have both a Blackhawk serpa and a Bianchi Acu-mold model 7506 they both work fine. I rarely wear them though for my Airweight Smith I usually just throw it in my front pocket. The Bug gun.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

also

How does that CIA TAURUS shoot? I have a J frame airweight smith but my wife hogs it and shoots good with it so I have to get me another one for me now. Every time i take it she gives me the evil eye..
        Taurus is lower cost but excellent quality, I would have to say they are the most UNDER rated product in the world.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Holster for "hammerless"

Another question: The model I bought has an internal hammer, so I'm wondering if the S&W 642 would be considered roughly "the same" for when I'm looking for holsters. I've noticed a lot of websites list the S&W models that will work, but have no information about other brands.

Comment

Another question: The model I bought has an internal hammer, so I'm wondering if the S&W 642 would be considered roughly "the same" for when I'm looking for holsters. I've noticed a lot of websites list the S&W models that will work, but have no information about other brands.
            Yes, again.
            Keep in mind that if you are using an open top holster it won't matter if it is an internal or external hammer.

Comment

WC145:

Thanks, that is what I thought. I asked mostly because I'm thinking of getting a shoulder holster, and most of those have a strap of some kind. I think I found a good one where the strap goes behind the trigger guard instead of the hammer, which should work well for me.

Comment

WC145:

Thanks, that is what I thought. I asked mostly because I'm thinking of getting a shoulder holster, and most of those have a strap of some kind. I think I found a good one where the strap goes behind the trigger guard instead of the hammer, which should work well for me.
                I'm not sure if they are still made by anyone but back in the day there was a shoulder holster made specifically for small frame snubbies. The gun hung butt down and the holster was kind of a clam shell affair with elastic that stretched to allow the gun to be drawn, not straps or anything to undo. Just grab it and pull. I'm not much for shoulder holsters because of my build but I understand that these were fast and comfortable.

**I'm correcting myself, that design is still being made. Check out the SKR "City Slicker" from K.L. Null Holsters. It is the exact design I was describing and only $55.
                www.klnullholsters.com/NewHolsters/skr.htm

Comment

In shoulder rigs, I carry my S&W 640 in a Galco Classic Lite. It has a wrap around thumb break that holds the hammerless design very well, and two pouches on the strong side that hold six cartriges ea. or one speed strip each.

As far as the holsters with a thumb break that goes around the trigger guard, I would avoid them. I used a friends when chosing holsters, and decided that there was a possibility of geting the strap caught between my finger and the trigger guard in a draw and that ruled them out for me.
                  Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Originally posted by WC145 View Post
                    Great little gun, I had an 850CIA that my ex got in the divorce...

As to your question, yes any leather J-frame holster will work, I don't know about the new plastic stuff from Fobus, Blackhawk, etc. I carried my Taurus and my S&W 642 both in a small pancake style from J.W. O'Rourke out of Hartselle, AL. Very well made, it's an open top holster but it is molded to the gun and holds it very securely, in fact I'm using the same holster right now with my Bulldog .44. I suggest you check his site, I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat.

www.gun-holsters.com
                    I thought you cant do that ?
                    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

WC145:

Thanks again. That is actually one of the holsters I was considering, in addition to the thumb-break one I'm thinking about. The thumb-break one I'm looking at is on an online auction, so if the price goes higher than the "city slicker," I will probably end up getting the city slicker instead.

I appreciate all the suggestions from the rest of you too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
                        I thought you cant do that ?
                        I don't know about anywhere else, but here in Maine everything is up for grabs when you divorce. I got the rest of my guns, she wanted that one, there was other stuff I wanted. Like negotiating any deal you give some to get some.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6293 users online. 332 members and 5961 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X