Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where in the world can I store my weapon?!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in the world can I store my weapon?!

I am purchasing a G19 this summer, and will be obtaining a CCW permit, but here is my problem....

I currently attend NC State Univ., which does not allow non-LEO to carry or store a firearm anywhere on school property. I live in on-campus apartments, and don't really have an option since the school is paying for my housing. Since I live on school property, I cannot store my firearm in my apartment. I also don't have the option of keeping it stored in my car either. I have called all of the local gun ranges and no one stores firearms there either. I have even called the campus police and they do not offer storage. I do not trust a friend enough to store a gun at his/her place off campus, so that is not an option. What options do I have? Does anyone know of a storage facility where you can rent out a locker for a few bucks a month or something? Any help is appreciated!!

The best I can find is a storage unit that is 3' X 4' for $25 a month... hoping that I wont have to resort to that.
    Last edited by smbartlett; 04-25-2007, 12:43 AM.

I would suggest keeping it at home (parents) or a relatives house.

Storage units are known to get hit by criminals looking for stuff to sell to buy dope. Especially ones in less traveled areas of town. I wouldn't recommend it unless it was one of the inside ones or was very, very well secured.

Comment

Originally posted by smbartlett View Post
      I am purchasing a G19 this summer, and will be obtaining a CCW permit, but here is my problem....

I currently attend NC State Univ., which does not allow non-LEO to carry or store a firearm anywhere on school property. I live in on-campus apartments, and don't really have an option since the school is paying for my housing. Since I live on school property, I cannot store my firearm in my apartment. I also don't have the option of keeping it stored in my car either. I have called all of the local gun ranges and no one stores firearms there either. I have even called the campus police and they do not offer storage. I do not trust a friend enough to store a gun at his/her place off campus, so that is not an option. What options do I have? Does anyone know of a storage facility where you can rent out a locker for a few bucks a month or something? Any help is appreciated!
      The best I can find is a storage unit that is 3' X 4' for $25 a month... hoping that I wont have to resort to that.
      I would never tell you to break the law so since that isnt an option move off campus so you are not a sheep except when you are in class. Then atleast you will be protected most of the time. Those VA Tech kids didn't have a chance. Dont be like them. We can't protect people all of the time.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Safe-deposit Box!!
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

If you can't move off campus like Nightshift suggested, you can see if a local bank will allow you to store it in a safety deposit box.
          Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
            Safe-deposit Box!!
            Good call..... As that would be a very safe place to have it....and you wouldn't have to worry about theives like you would if you put it in a storage unit.....

Comment

well, sadly, i checked with the bank and they do not allow that. pretty much that is the only thing they DONT allow to be stored there, firearms.

and i would leave it at home with my parents, except for the fact that home for me is in MD, 5 hrs away (i go to school in NC).

Comment

What's the point of having your CCW if you are a student, live on campus, and can't cary there?

BTW, Here it's a state law that doesn't allow weapons on school grounds.

Comment

my point is that i spend most of my time off campus, out and about and i would like to carry when i am off campus. also, i am going to be participating in IDPA matches at our local range.

Comment

well, sadly, i checked with the bank and they do not allow that. pretty much that is the only thing they DONT allow to be stored there, firearms.

and i would leave it at home with my parents, except for the fact that home for me is in MD, 5 hrs away (i go to school in NC).
                    How does the bank know what you place into your safe-deposit box? It's confidential. Just put it in a briefcase, get your box, go to the private area, and place it in the box. Return with the attendant and lock it up!
                    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                      How does the bank know what you place into your safe-deposit box? It's confidential. Just put it in a briefcase, get your box, go to the private area, and place it in the box. Return with the attendant and lock it up!
                      That's what I was thinking. When I go to Chevy Chase Bank out here to drop stuff off, they never look/ask what I am doing. We go grab my box after I give them my key and show ID, and I wander off to the private area....and do my business.....and give them my box closed up......

Comment

yeah, I guess, but isn't there a contract or form you have to sign understanding the rules and reg's? I just dont understand why they wont let you keep an unloaded gun. without the ammo its just a piece of pretty metal sitting in a box.

Comment

man, the lady at the bank was awesome, she goes "we'll, the contract says no firearms, but what we dont know cant hurt us, we never see anything that our customers bring in there" haha sweet. might go with that.

Comment

Just playing Devil's Advocate:

If you store it in a bank safety deposit box, what are the chances that you are going to actually get it back into the bank for storage before they close? Especially if you have a CCW permit. You are leaving yourself open to having to bring it back to campus with you thus breaking the law.

Comment

yeah, I guess, but isn't there a contract or form you have to sign understanding the rules and reg's? I just dont understand why they wont let you keep an unloaded gun. without the ammo its just a piece of pretty metal sitting in a box.
                              True but maybe the bank has seen how many firearm "experts" have shot themselves with "unloaded" guns.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4203 users online. 248 members and 3955 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X