300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Sauer P239

I just purchased a P239, anybody have any comments or experiences with this weapon.

Originally posted by ICEMAN1977
    I just purchased a P239, anybody have any comments or experiences with this weapon.
    I have two of them, both in 9mm. One of the best shooting guns I have ever owned. It shoots groups about twice as good as my Glock 22.

Comment

i bought it because I wanted my wife to have a weapon that she could use
      to defend herself while I am at work.

Comment

What caliber? The squared off edges on the front strap of the grip kind of hurts when firing (.357 Sig). Hogue finger grips make the gun feel and shoot a bit better (in my opinion).

Comment

the 9mm and 40sw were the same price so I went 40 with corbon DPX ammo

Comment

...edited...
            Last edited by christuan; 05-29-2007, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by christuan
              GREAT little gun. The 239 9mm was my first CCW gun before I became a LEO. Dead-on accurate right out of the box, eats any ammo I feed it reliably, and conceals wonderfully. Recoil is negligable in both 9mm and .40SW. I installed a short trigger to improve my grip on it. I went from factory plastics to hogues, to nills, and right back to the factory plastic. Thin, and concealable. Excellent choice.
              What he said.
              I have one in 9mm and I would just about carry it again if I didnt love the Smith 19 so much.

Comment

Ditto to everyone that says it's a great little gun.

9mm, added Hogue grips and Trijicon night sights. It was my first OD weapon.

Comment

the 9mm and 40sw were the same price so I went 40 with corbon DPX ammo
                  Excellent choice in weapon, caliber and ammo! I've got a P245 (Sig-Custom Shop Model) and as much as I like it, the P239 has a much more comfortable grip. If you check out the Sig-Sauer web site, you'll see that they offer a new short reset trigger system that sounds pretty good. They'll upgrade older pistols for only $50.00. Might be worth checking out.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by kcr
                    Ditto to everyone that says it's a great little gun.

9mm, added Hogue grips and Trijicon night sights. It was my first OD weapon.
                    That's the way I have mine set up as well. For a compact gun, the accuracy is nothing short of amazing.

Comment

I carried a 9mm 239 as a back-up for a while. It was a little heavy for that role, but would make a good concealment weapon. The .40 239 is standard issue to our detective bureau. I personally am more comfortable with a double stack 228, but the 239 is a good choice.
                      John from Maryland

Comment

i bought it because I wanted my wife to have a weapon that she could use
                        to defend herself while I am at work.
                        I did the same, except I bought her a Mossberg 590A1 12ga......

Comment

great gun have it in .40 with hogue grips..very nice carry it all the time
                          Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I just picked up a P239 SAS in 9mm. I got it used ($400) and love the feel of it in my hand (wood grips). The DAK trigger is taking some practice to get comfortable with. Can anyone explain to me the short trigger reset option? What exactly does it do? I will be sending it off to Sig for their clean and inspect deal for $129 soon.

Comment

How is the accuracy of the P239 in comparison to the P226?

I have shot a lot with a P239 9mm and I love it but I will soon be issued a P226 9mm and I am wondering what I should expect. I do not have much handgun shooting experience other than with the P239 so I do not really know how much of a difference the gun makes.

Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2683 users online. 141 members and 2542 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X