300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin 9mm rifle

I came across a this little rifle today at a local sporting goods store. Even the the guy that owns the store had not seen one until he got this one. It has a 25 and a 30 round mag that comes with it. All for $450. Has anyone else seen or shot one of these little rifles. I know it shoots the 9x19 same as a handgun. any help would be great.
    It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Originally posted by Dawg
    I came across a this little rifle today at a local sporting goods store. Even the the guy that owns the store had not seen one until he got this one. It has a 25 and a 30 round mag that comes with it. All for $450. Has anyone else seen or shot one of these little rifles. I know it shoots the 9x19 same as a handgun. any help would be great.
    I have never shot the rifle, but I do know what it is. It's a Marlin Model 9 Camp Carbine and retailed for $375 back in 1993. Marlin also made one in .45 which accepted Model 1911 mags. (I wanted one.) I believe Marlin stopped making both of them in the mid-to-late '90s. The magazines that yours' takes are compatible with the Smith and Wesson Model 659 (which isn't made any more). I don't know if these magazines are compatible with any other Smith. Ramline once made a folding stock for the rifle. You should check out Numrich Gun Parts. They have mags and lots of parts for it there. The link to their website is below. (You might also check out midwayusa.com.)

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...erModel=082Zz9

Comment

They're not a bad little rifle, and they should use standard S&W 59 series magazines (according to S&W's web site). Brownell's carries several parts to help keep them running, and are normaly well stocked. If possible remove the action from the stock and check for cracking from the impact of the bolt, this was the main problem with these rifles, and I belive that Brownell's sell's a buffer to help deal with this problem.

Beyond that they were a good little rifle, and the Camp 45 has a small cult like following. You can also find used Ramiline bull-pup stocks for this rifle. And a word of caution "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WORK ON THE TRIGGER GROUP" it has all kinds of little plungers and is realy a pain in the butt.
      Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Own one, have had it for 8 years now. The sights stink, and the magazine housing is a pain in the butt, other than that it's a darn good little rifle. Mine shoots incredibly well with 147gr ammo, I've shot it out to 100yds and it stays pretty accurate, I wouldn't want to try it any further than that. I normally just keep the wooden stock on it, but I have a choate folding that makes it look mean. They take regular smith 5900 series magazines. I rarely use mine anymore, but it is really a neat little gun.

Comment

I own a Beretta Px series carbine in .40. It comes with two mags and will accept beretta 96 magazines as well. It is a great carbine, very accurate and you can get alot of accessories with it. It is a bit pricey, I got mine for a little over $600.00. .
          I can't believe I do this for free!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5493 users online. 301 members and 5192 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X