300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&K .40

so I start working next week and I will be issued an H&K .40. I think it's the USP but I really don't know much about H&Ks. Any nuances of the gun I should know about?

I have a USP .40 and love it I would carry it on duty.

Comment

have you ever fired one before? one thing i noticed with the HK USP is that it is a bit bulker then say a glock or sig, i have large hands so its not a problem (in fact like it a lot better) so depending on your hand size this may be an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaystreets
        have you ever fired one before? one thing i noticed with the HK USP is that it is a bit bulker then say a glock or sig, i have large hands so its not a problem (in fact like it a lot better) so depending on your hand size this may be an issue
        No I've never fired one. Only one range around me has them to rent, and the couple of times I've gone there it has been out... but considering I start on Monday I'll fire it soon enough.

Actually its funny that you mention it being bulky, a buddy of mine is always talking about how small it is. But, like you, I have pretty large hands.

Comment

Hk USP 40 is a nice piece. Not bulky at all. The 45 is the one that is big. You are so lucky. Here are some items. Your felt recoil is reduced by the double recoil spring. You'll see when you take it apart what I mean. The long one is what every auto has to cycle the slide; the shorter one on the inside acts like the strut on a car and absorbs a lot of the shock of the slide as it recoils. Now, because of this there is NO slide to frame contact which gives an auto its kick. Its still going to kick but not as much as other autos. Most manufacturers tell you that their auto is not rated for +P or +P+ rounds (factory made hot loads available on home defense rounds and most LE rounds) but Hk USP's are one of the few guns that are. Which means you can shoot the hot rounds as much as you want without damaging your gun, unlike others where you have to use standard ammo for practice while loading the hot stuff for duty.

You are in for a treat my friend. ENJOY!!
          One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

They're good pistols. Our department issues USP .45s. Same gun as your forty, but the grip/frame is larger and (IMO) not as comfortable to shoot. The USP has several different variants. I believe the H&K website lists them. If you have a variant with a safety and/or decocking feature, you'll notice that the lever is positioned and operates similar to a 1911 type pistol. It's very easy to operate: press down to deactivate the safety or decock the weapon, press up on the lever to safe it. If you plan on purchasing an off-duty weapon, H&K makes several compacts and subcompacts which operate the same as your primary duty weapon. Handling is also very similar. Take a look at the USP compact, P2000 and P2000SK pistols. The only thing I think can be improved with them is that they don't use the same magazine as the full sized .40. It's a good idea to carry a system off duty that operates like your on-duty pistol.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I carry a USPc in .357sig on and off duty. I have to purchase my own weapons and gear and I wouldn't own anything else. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your USP.

Comment

The checkering on the USP grip is so aggresive it feels like a cheese grater.

Many of our guys have put a slip-on grip over it.
                I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

The USP has a polymer frame, so just like with Glocks, you don't want to limp wrist it or you'll stovepipe the ejected case.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5367 users online. 311 members and 5056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X