300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identifying firearm model

I am trying to figure out the model of the firearm in the below pic. I'm thinking 9 mm or .380 double-action. And I was sure it was a glock. However after having browsed several pages of pics, I have been unable to locate this particular model. One other possibility is that it's a starter/stunt pistol. Thanks in advance for your help!

NB: I posted the above in wrong forum. Mods/Admins, please feel free to delete that post. TIA!
    Forensic Psychology Portal

"There is no such thing as chance, only patterns we do not understand." — Harlan Ellison, The Butterfly Effect

It appears to have a chrome slide so it isnt a Glock. I can't tell from the pic what it is. If you hadnt said it was a pistol I wouldnt be certain of that. Any better pics available?

Comment

Picture is poor

Originally posted by The Rabbi
      It appears to have a chrome slide so it isnt a Glock. I can't tell from the pic what it is. If you hadnt said it was a pistol I wouldnt be certain of that. Any better pics available?
      Looks like a Taurus Millenium..but cant tell from the picture
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

BB Gun?

Originally posted by shadowraith
        I am trying to figure out the model of the firearm in the below pic. I'm thinking 9 mm or .380 double-action. And I was sure it was a glock. However after having browsed several pages of pics, I have been unable to locate this particular model. One other possibility is that it's a starter/stunt pistol. Thanks in advance for your help!

NB: I posted the above in wrong forum. Mods/Admins, please feel free to delete that post. TIA!
        The pic is poor l like i said, but looking at the grip it looks like it has a spring slide that some bb guns have to push the bb's up into the chamber..could be a bb gun...is this a trick?
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Looks like an S'n'Dub .22 kinda.

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

Always a helpful site in firearms identification.
          The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference.

Comment

Kahr?? Has that look, kinda, sorta...

Comment

Kahr?? Has that look, kinda, sorta...
              You must never have seen a Kahr before then....looks nothing like it. I vote BB gun or some junk Jennings or something. But.......... why do you care what it is? Did you see it in person, take the pic, where did the pic come from, what other details do you have besides a very grainy pic of some 'junk' gun?
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop
                You must never have seen a Kahr before then....looks nothing like it. I vote BB gun or some junk Jennings or something. But.......... why do you care what it is? Did you see it in person, take the pic, where did the pic come from, what other details do you have besides a very grainy pic of some 'junk' gun?
                Just a guess. Didn't give it much that much thought.

Comment

yah i agree with the BB gun theory, forsure not a glock...

Comment

could you possibly get a less well lit, grainier picture maybe?
                    The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

No markings anywhere on it? Any air/CO2 rifle or pistol I've ever owned has at least the manufacturer's name on it. Heck, even the two paintball guns I own have the name and a bunch of other info molded into the plastic. My S&W 3913 has markings on both sides of the frame, and on the left side of the slide. The grips also have "SMITH & WESSON" spelled out along the edges.
                      As far as I know, even the most low-budget firearm, especially a handgun (anything that would fit most legal definitions of "firearm") should have a serial number, etc. The only exception might be an AK47 copy made in a marketplace somewhere in the Third World. If it's supposed to be marked, grind or "burn" marks on the slide and elsewhere are probably a bad sign.
                      Are you able to remove the grips and see what's under there? Of course, removing the magazine and making sure the chamber is empty (if it even has such "accessories") would be Step One. (Hint: The magazine release is not the kinda curvy thing inside the trigger guard. )
                      Once it's cleared, then you could get an idea of what the bore diameter is. Something "around" a ¼" could still be a .22, but I believe BB/pellet guns are around .177" or so. Something closer to three-eighths of an inch could be .380 or 9mm.
                      Last edited by RR_Security; 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM.
                      --
                      Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

hmmm, try walmart. I was there tonight buying ammo and ran across a crossman bb pistol that looked remarkably similar.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4375 users online. 257 members and 4118 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X