X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boomstik45
    replied
    Ken,

Now I just was not at all surprised to hear that from you. Although, considering the fact that most full size 1911s have standard 7 rd mags, if hi-cap means an 8-rounder...I can only laugh! But it's a laugh of amusement, not ridicule.

Bighead,

Did you notice the difference in triggers between the XD and the Glock? I suppose that's my only real hang-up with the XD. The Glock has a quicker, more precise trigger reset. THe XD's reset is noticeably longer, at least to me. I found myself not able to fire as quickly. Although, as you mentioned, with time that can and will change. The crank of it is, to get the same kind of performance trigger-wise, I'd have to send the XD in and have it worked on. Bummer...

All in all, it's hard to not go with the Glock. I can work on it if required/desired, it's a great .45 platform, and it's a very durable .45. I may have just talked myself into another one.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    To me, a high-cap .45 is a 1911 with an 8-round mag.

Leave a comment:

• Austin HiPowers
    replied
    Perhaps the new H&K 45 (seen a pic from the 2007 Shot show)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bighead
    replied
    +1 for the Glock.

I actually just borrowed an XD45 to try it out, and the reason it is so popular is the reason it doesn't work as well for me. I'm 6'5 and have large hands. The slim frame on the XD puts my index finger to far forward for what I'm used to. I think its an excellent weapon, and with some use I would get used to the grip to trigger distance. (When I was in police academy I went from Glock 21 to issued Glock 22 and had the same issue. After 2 weeks on the range and 2000+ rounds fired, the 22 felt right and the 21 felt kinda alien...its all in what you're used to I guess.)

After the Glock and the XD, I would have to say the H&K USP. Like other posters here, I don't see the MK23 in this league.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    I like my G-21.......actually love it.....

I have buddies that USPs and SIGs.....

You should go try to fire a couple and see what fits your hands best and what you feel good at shooting....then go from there.....

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE
    That LEM trigger is pretty cool. I would need to have quite a bit of range time with it before I was truly comfortable with it though.

I understand about personal preference and the H&K trigger. I personally like it when compared with the trigger on the Beretta 92FS that my department issues.
    I really liked the LEM trigger on my USP45F. Perhaps moreso than the tirgger on my Glocks.

I just couldn't get the slide to lock back reliably.

Leave a comment:

• sig fan
    replied
    Originally posted by stangfather
    oops i took the title to mean .45 1911 style handgun...

Glock, Sig and Xd get my vote..

since the German made Walther P99 doesnt come in .45

S&W 99 does tho..
    I take it you feel that the Walther version of the 99 is better than the S&W version? What makes it better?

Leave a comment:

• stangfather
    replied
    oops i took the title to mean .45 1911 style handgun...

Glock, Sig and Xd get my vote..

since the German made Walther P99 doesnt come in .45

S&W 99 does tho..

Leave a comment:

• EMVAMPYRE
    replied
    That LEM trigger is pretty cool. I would need to have quite a bit of range time with it before I was truly comfortable with it though.

I understand about personal preference and the H&K trigger. I personally like it when compared with the trigger on the Beretta 92FS that my department issues.

Leave a comment:

• boomstik45
    replied
    EMVAMPYRE,

it's just my personal opinion. I feel like the HK trigger could be better. Now the LEM trigger they have IS better. When it came to DA, I've always liked the Sig triggers better than the HKs. Same with the Beretta PX4. Don't know why, just how I see it.

As for the Glock 21, I've had a hard time keeping hold of it since the XD .45 came out. I can handle either weapon just fine, but the XD is slimmer. The Glock probably still shoots a bit softer, but I've not had a chance to compare them side by side. I WOULD, however, love to get my hands on a 21SF and see how it feels. My hands are big enough for just about any pistol I pick up, but the XD feels pretty darn good and shoots great. Still, never had ANYTHING bad to say about a G21. Damn fine gun. And I may have to just come back to it one day....maybe soon.

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    I started off my career carrying an H&K USP 45F. It was a beautiful firearm (stainless steel slide), but it failed me ergonomically. I opted for the Glock 21 and have been carrying one since.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostrider_RSA
    replied
    GLOCK 21/21SF
    HK USP 45/45 Tactical
    No experience with the Springfield XD, however any of these three as standard stock firearms would be good choices.

A good custom 1911 would be nice too.

Leave a comment:

• EMVAMPYRE
    replied
    I've been carrying an H&K USP for the past 6 years or so. I don't see any problem with the trigger as listed by boomstick45. It's a great gun, and I, personally, shoot it very well. One thing I like quite a bit, are the factory trintium night sites. Very solid and deputy proof, if you know what I mean.

Glock makes a fine weapon, about as idiot proof a design as you can ask for. I have not personally used one, but know a number of folks who have and they swear by it.

Find a range in your area where you can rent some guns and put some rounds down range through a variety of weapons. See for yourself.

Oh, as for the H&K MK23, you wont find one very easily, and you sure wont find a duty holster for it. It's pretty huge, and not really sutible for uniformed duty carry. Unless you are in 10-8 in Iraq!

Leave a comment:

• Sleuth
    replied
    I carried .45's for years, usually a 1911 style until we became 'retroactivly incompetent' and Single Action guns were a no-no. I went to the SIG 220. If it has to be a high cap, I like the S/A Para Ords. If it has to be D/A, SIG 220. I never saw the need for a high cap D/A .45, but I was an investigator.

If this is a carry gun, choose the one that fits your hand best - you are only betting the rest of your life on it. A toy can be anything you like.

Leave a comment:

• Bigg Dogg
    replied
    Another vote for the Glock 21.Been carrying the same 21 for 9 years now.Love the gun.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6244 users online. 352 members and 5892 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X