Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudChris
    replied
    I learned on a glock 17 and it was a great gun. Now though I definately prefer the Glock .40. And actually believe it or not, I shoot better with the 26/27 (own a 27) than I do with the fullsize.

Leave a comment:

• The Rabbi
    replied
    Originally posted by Woofdog
    No question Glock's work. But the evil act was committed by the deranged shooter, not the handguns.

We face at least a year or so of blaming the tool, instead of blaming the crazy killer who committed the act.

Thank God he didn't use a truck full of fertilizer.
    It's like the question of whether the 6.5 Carcano is an effective round. I think we can say with confidence the answer is yes.
    I haven't seen any mention of lawsuits against Glock, like there were against Bushmaster after the DC sniper case. So things have improved anyway in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostrider_RSA
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rabbi
    I thought handguns, to say nothing of AK-47s, were highly restricted in So.Africa?
    And thus is the beauty of being a criminal, because these laws do not apply to those who do not subject themselves to any law in the first place.

If you are part of the ciminal underworld, you can RENT your AK47 for a reasonable fee...

Leave a comment:

• Woofdog
    replied
    Bad!

No question Glock's work. But the evil act was committed by the deranged shooter, not the handguns.

We face at least a year or so of blaming the tool, instead of blaming the crazy killer who committed the act.

Thank God he didn't use a truck full of fertilizer.

Leave a comment:

• The Rabbi
    replied
    Well, after VT we know the Glocks work.

Leave a comment:

• Dawg
    replied
    A Glock 17 or 19 is a good choice. Also consider a Springfield XD in 9mm. It has the same trigger set up as a Glock.

Leave a comment:

• boomstik45
    replied
    I like the G17 with the right ammo. Like the G21 even better.

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rabbi
    I thought handguns, to say nothing of AK-47s, were highly restricted in So.Africa?
    I'll bet armed robbery is too...

Leave a comment:

• The Rabbi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ghostrider_RSA
    replied
    Actually, one of our off-duty Officers witnessed a Cash-in-Transit vehicle robbery in Johannesburg either in 2005 or 2006 with well over +20-suspects armed with handguns an AK47s. Not realising he was a P/O one suspect put an AK to his head in peak hour traffic and told him to put his cellphone down (which he did). Officer witnesses a surrendering Security Guard gunned down with full-auto gunfire in full view of the public.

Officer followed suspects when they left the scene (while now on the phone with Control trying to get back-up and assistance), loaded said high-capacity magazine into his GLOCK 19 while being ambushed by the suspects. Gunfight ensued, Officers private vehicle got shot up (nice groupings, he was fortunate they missed him with rifles no less), Officer fired 18-rounds (not requiring a magazine change) shooting a fleeing suspect in the *** and foot (I think) and one suspect was later found in an otherwise abondoned stolen vehicle deceased.
    Last edited by Ghostrider_RSA; 04-17-2007, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rabbi
    replied
    "The best handgun" is like "the best car." It is a very subjective thing. I could give some points though:
    -It needs to be chambered in a caliber where ammo is widely available.
    -It needs to be chambered in a caliber that has some proven record of stopping an assailant.
    -It needs to have a reputation for reliability.
    -It needs to fit your budget.
    -It needs to fit your hand well.
    -It ergonomics needs to mesh with yours.

That said, Glock is a popular choice for all the reasons already mentioned. SIGs are also good. Rugers are good. THere aren't many "bad" choices out there and a lot of good ones.
    I stock the "extended clips" for the Glocks. Based on my customers who buy them I can't see why anyone would want one for a handgun.

Leave a comment:

• Austin HiPowers
    replied
    Originally posted by 5k2name
    no but this would be sweet to have

33rnds of joy

I would like such a magazine, and a Glock 18 to use it in

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyZ
    replied
    I used a Glock 17 in the academy and it worked great. Durable, easy to use, and when everyone else was reloading, I still had another course of fire before I needed to.

You have to buy your own ammo for the academy? It was all provided for me in mine.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    I think the Glock 17 9mm would be a fine choice for the academy.

Leave a comment:

• dwhite725
    replied
    yeah......

Originally posted by 5k2name
    no but this would be sweet to have

33rnds of joy

i have one for my glock 34 tactical - sweet is an understatement !!

btw - go with a glock 9mm or .40 - cheap ammo, mags that won't get bent when you drop them, awesome triggers,good prices for awesome guns and for the 9mm - very large magazines
    Last edited by dwhite725; 04-16-2007, 12:23 AM. Reason: forgot something

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5766 users online. 342 members and 5424 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X