300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Weapon

My dream job is to work for the Madison police department. The MPD allows its officers to carry one the following sidearms:
    9mm-Glock 17, 19, 26, Heckler and Koch VP9
    40sw-Glock 22, 23, 27
    45acp-Glock 21, 30
    im about to purchase my first pistol , and I want it to be one of these, so that I can used to it and be a decent shot should I get hired. Everywhere I read, people cannot seem to agree on what the best caliber is between 9mm, 40sw, and 45acp. What would you recommend and why?

How many of these threads are you going to post?

I would recomend you buy whatever pistol you want, in any caliber you want. I’m a big fan of the 2A and I encourage you to be as well.

I would also recomend that should you get hired, you leave the firearms training to your agency firearms instructors.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Why don't you go and rent a pistol in each caliber and see which one you like better. I personally like the 9mm and 45. If you have to buy your own ammo for practice the 9mm will be cheaper. All of them will do the job that it is designed to do.

Comment

Glock 26, 27, and 30 are all small guns which are inappropriate for uniform duty use IMHO. There is tons of literature available showing there is little difference between 9mm and .40. The glock 21 is an amazing gun, but very large so unless you have big hands it may hinder your ability to shoot quickly. Therefore my suggestion is either the glock 17, 19 or VP 9 depending on which one fits your hand and is most comfortable to shoot. My agency let's us carry basically anything we want and at least two-thirds of the department carries glock 17.

Comment

My department issues everyone the Springfield XDM-9 for our duty weapon. Before that, two years prior, everyone had a Beretta 92 chambered for .40 caliber. Off duty can be anything you want so long as you qualify with it yearly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8862 users online. 358 members and 8504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X