300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock VS Walther

I'm looking into buying a Back up Gun, after doing my homework, I'm down to 2 choices; The Glock 27 or The Walther P99 Compact. What would you guys/gals recommend?
    "As a member of the Florida Highway Patrol, my fundamental duty is to serve humankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional Rights of all people to liberty, equality and justice."

Originally posted by FHP_Recruit
    I'm looking into buying a Back up Gun, after doing my homework, I'm down to 2 choices; The Glock 27 or The Walther P99 Compact. What would you guys/gals recommend?
    Though it's not on your list, the Springfield XD Subcompact.
    -Mike
    The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Backup? thats like a belly or ankle gun. In that case Id go with an airweight J frame or scandium J frame or Taurus small scandium 5shot revolver. But like MikeUD said, it isnt on your list. If you are thinking about the Glock 27 (I have one off duty weapon)I can honestly say the two that shoot circles around it and are thinner with the same amount of rounds: The XD subcompact, The S&W M&Pcompact, and thinner and lighter than all of those that is good quality the Kahr PM 40. I cant imagine my thick blocky Glock 27 on my ankle but that's me.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

I've carried a G27 in an ankle rig as a BUG it is indeed block and heavy for a hold out piece. I'd vote for the J frame as well, I love my 360 PD, loaded with 5 .357 magnum 125gr Corbons its a very formidable little piece.
        "I neither approve or blame. I merely relate."- Voltaire

Comment

I would say it depends. First what is you service (primary) handgun. If it is a Glock then I would say get the "baby" Glock of the same caliber. If you duty gun is something else, my first choice would be a good lite weight revolver (but that is me).
          Of the two handgun you mentioned I would get the Walther (providing your duty weapon is not a Glock).
          Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

I'm not sure about the sub-compacts, but if they are anything like the larger versions, I find that the Walthers have FAR better ergonomics (although this is a matter of opinion.)

I sold my Glock 23 and bought a Walther P99 with the money, even though it cost me a few more bucks.

Comment

I have a Walther P99 and love it. I use it as my primary. If you are thinking of using the Walther on your ankle, I would go with something smaller. One of my co-workers has a G27 on his ankle. But, if you are thinking of using it as a primary, I would definatley go with the Walther. Nothing wrong with a Glock though.
              "In each of us, two natures are at war...the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are." Dr. Henry Jekyll

Comment

The Glock 27 is a wonderful BUG. You can't go wrong with Gaston's products.

Comment

I wish I could carry one off duty, but unfortunately, I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by taterbug
                    I have a Walther P99 and love it. I use it as my primary. If you are thinking of using the Walther on your ankle, I would go with something smaller. One of my co-workers has a G27 on his ankle. But, if you are thinking of using it as a primary, I would definatley go with the Walther. Nothing wrong with a Glock though.
                    The person that started this thread if referring to the compact, which isn't any bigger than a G27.

For an ankle gun I would get something smaller still, a single stack auto like a Kahr or a little revolver.

Comment

I stand corrected. I didn't know that Walther made a compact p99. I just looked at it and am now pricing one for my BUG.
                      "In each of us, two natures are at war...the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are." Dr. Henry Jekyll

Comment

if your primary is a Glock go with Glock.

ive looked into the p99C for CCW, but i can hide my P99QA fullsize fairly easy..
                        The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6586 users online. 355 members and 6231 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X