300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics for patrol rifle

What are your suggestions for a red dot optic for a Colt 6920? I am not trying to get a cheap optic but I am also not trying to break the bank.

I have no complaints with the Aimpoint PRO. I have heard good things about Vortex.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

There are only a couple optics I would put on my rifle. That's only because I have had previous experience with them and i am comfortable with their quality. First is the Eotech, whatever the current model meant for carbine or ARs. And the other is the Aimpoint PRO. This just my opinion. See if your buddies use them and try out theirs.

Comment

+1 on the Aimpoint Pro, you can find them for around 350 to 400. You can go to https://dsgarms.com and get a LEO discount on products there, to include optics.

I have been using the Aimpoint Micros for awhile now and like them....a bit pricey tho.

Comment

+1 for the Aimpoint PRO, which is in the $400 price range. If you're looking to spend less than that, I know several patrol officers in my area that are running the SIG Optics ROMEO5, which you can get for under $200. It is reportedly Chinese manufacture by HOLOSUN. I have also heard good things about the Vortex SPARC in the sub-$200 price point. You aren't going to get the bomb proof durability out of these options that you will out of an Aimpoint, but I know several people that have had good luck with them so far.
          "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

I’ve used the EoTech and it shot well, but would eat batteries like crazy. There’s a thread about it, and Eotech apparently had some real problems.

We transitioned to AimpointPRO and liked it a lot. And for the price, you’re getting a great optic.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Aimpoint PRO is what we use on post, I really like them, they are accurate and don't take up much space
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

Aimpoint Micro is more expensive than the pro, but is higher quality.

Comment

Aimpoint makes a good product in multiple models. I have a Comp ML-2 with a GG+G cantilever mount on my Sig 556 Classic. I bought it as a sight/Mount combo deal they had on their website. A plus for that particular mount is an extra battery storage built into the mount.

Eotech popularity and sales dropped a few years ago when there were problems because of sensitivity to heat and they knew about and didn’t do anything about it. IIRC they had some govt contracts comprised because of it.

A cheaper, yet good quality product with good customer support is Vortex.

Comment

I don't have one so this is second hand information. My son-in-law loves his Bushnell Trophy TRS-25. He has said it nearly indestructible and has never failed. He's had it for a couple of years now and says I should pick he up. It s mounted on his patrol rifle. The price is right, about $75.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9776 users online. 349 members and 9427 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X