300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Dept purchased SBR

My dept is looking at replacing our old rifles with SBRs. So far I've reached out to Daniel Defense, Knights Armament, BCM and a newer company HELANBAK. Anyone have any suggestions of other companies? We're looking for reliable AR variants chambered in 5.56mm from a company that will send us some T&E examples.

I really miss my Rock River Arms. Great rifle and a good company.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I was issue a Colt. No issues with the rifle. Serves me well. Only issue is the darn rifle doesn't cooperate when engaging targets past 50 yards in windy conditions!
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Don't forget about LMT.
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

As someone who sold guns for a living....LMT, Daniel Defence, HK, LaRue, Noveske, Rainer Arms, Christensen Arms, and JP Enterprises.

The best rifle I ever saw were produced by LWRC and Wilson Combat. If you have that option, I would go with either of them.

I realize that only some of these companies offer SBRs, however I am sure that if you reach out to them, they would be able to accommodate you.
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          Your logic defies logic
          Originally posted by Rudy8116
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          Originally posted by Michigan
          Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
          Originally posted by 02paul09
          Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Anyone have an opinion on the KRISS Vector? I like the idea of being able to use the magazines that are already on my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post
              Anyone have an opinion on the KRISS Vector? I like the idea of being able to use the magazines that are already on my belt.
              Great gun, but....

-Expensive
              -Bulky
              -Pistol-caliber (less range vs. rifle caliber)
              -Requires learning a new weapons system whereas AR's are fairly ubiquitous
              -Proprietary parts
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              Your logic defies logic
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
              Originally posted by 02paul09
              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

If you're shopping DD, BCM, and KAC, it looks like you've got the best bases covered. You might also look at FN. The metro department in my area has had good luck with Rock River patrol rifles, but they are semi-auto 16-inch guns with mid-length gas systems.
                "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11578 users online. 383 members and 11195 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X