300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Arms Shotgun

I was at the range today when I noticed a really nice looking shotgun on the rack for sale. I asked to see it - looked like a good shotgun, had a pistol grip and breacher barrel end - very tactiCOOL - and the price was around $200. The issue is that I've NEVER heard of this company. Even doing a Google search doesn't bring up much. The salesman said it is made in Turkey and shares many characteristics of the Benelli shotguns. I'm kinda sorta in the market but I'm leery of anything I haven't heard of before.

Anyone heard of this brand?
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

The Turks make a lot of knock off firearms, some are ok, some are junk. I have a buddy who swears by cheapo, no name shotguns. It’s not my style, but it works for him.

I believe that Titan is an rebranded Dickinson Arms (I could be wrong). That said they make decent guns, for a Turkish knock off gun.

Being a tactical gun, if you are using it for it’s intended purpose, I probably wouldn’t stake my life on one though. I would find a used Remington or Mossberg for roughly the same price.

If it’s just a “fun day at the range” gun sure, have fun.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

If you are going to use it to kill paper or cans then good on you. If you are going to use it to protect your life then I guess you are not worth that much.
      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
        I was at the range today when I noticed a really nice looking shotgun on the rack for sale. I asked to see it - looked like a good shotgun, had a pistol grip and breacher barrel end - vhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Arms
        Anyone heard of this brand?
        $200-ish shotgun?

it's about the same price as Savage Arms Stevens. It's a barebone gun with little or no customization option available.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...32012gghstrspg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Arms
        Be sure to smile for the cameras.....

Comment

I have an H&R Pardner... pretty decent shotgun, ran me about 250
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

Since it's a gun I'd have with me on duty (we can use our personal shottys), I'm gonna pass and spend the money on a more trusted brand.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Newuser2018 View Post

$200-ish shotgun?

it's about the same price as Savage Arms Stevens. It's a barebone gun with little or no customization option available.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...32012gghstrspg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Arms
              I've seen a Savage Stevens 320 Security model go for $250.

Ghost Ring night sights and pistol grip come stock. 5+1. The slide is a bit long for my liking, though it's plastic - easy fix. There are options for a buttstock switch. Look at the 870 options, some of them fit. It's a darn good weapon to have readily available for a small price in my opinion.
              WHO DARES, WINS.
              Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Comment

Originally posted by Weaponeyes View Post

I've seen a Savage Stevens 320 Security model go for $250.

Ghost Ring night sights and pistol grip come stock. 5+1. The slide is a bit long for my liking, though it's plastic - easy fix. There are options for a buttstock switch. Look at the 870 options, some of them fit. It's a darn good weapon to have readily available for a small price in my opinion.
                I got it on sale for $200 + 2 boxes of ammo from Dick's Sporting Goods. I don't know if they still sell them though. I heard they decided to remove all the long guns or something ? from their stores after the last school shooting...

You can switch out the stock on the Savage Steven 320 Security? Is it easy to do?
                Last edited by Newuser2018; 06-14-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I got it on sale for $200 + 2 boxes of ammo from Dick's Sporting Goods. I don't know if they still sell them though. I heard they decided to remove all the long guns or something ? from their stores after the lass school shooting...

You can switch out the stock on the Savage Steven 320 Security? Is it easy to do?
                  I haven't done it myself. It looks easy. I researched it because I thought of it as well. As far as I can tell, the only tricky part is that you need an adapter of sorts. It's a small piece that fits between the frame and your new stock of choice to essentially make it compatible. However, the adapter needs to be able to fit to your new stock. 870 stock = 870 adapter. They're low cost pieces. Disclaimer, I have no input on the reliability of these changes on the Stevens 320 (:

There are a few videos on YouTube. "Savage Stevens 320 stock change."
                  WHO DARES, WINS.
                  Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Comment

I haven't done it myself. It looks easy. I researched it because I thought of it as well. As far as I can tell, the only tricky part is that you need an adapter of sorts. It's a small piece that fits between the frame and your new stock of choice to essentially make it compatible. However, the adapter needs to be able to fit to your new stock. 870 stock = 870 adapter. They're low cost pieces. Disclaimer, I have no input on the reliability of these changes on the Stevens 320 (:

There are a few videos on YouTube. "Savage Stevens 320 stock change."
                    I thought Youtube removed such videos...

https://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-ba...-to-make-guns/

Comment

I thought Youtube removed such videos...

https://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-ba...-to-make-guns/
                      It reads, "How to MAKE guns." Like, literally make a gun from scratch. Videos on how to change their style, appearance, performance, operation or effectiveness are unaffected by this. For now, at least.
                      WHO DARES, WINS.

Comment

It reads, "How to MAKE guns." Like, literally make a gun from scratch. Videos on how to change their style, appearance, performance, operation or effectiveness are unaffected by this. For now, at least.
                        https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...w+to+MAKE+guns

I'll look more into it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6804 users online. 216 members and 6588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X