300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Jamming

Do Glocks typically have a problem jamming? I don't own one (yet), but have been renting at the range. The last couple of times I've gone shooting the gun I was using (Glock 22 and I don't know if it was the same one both times) kept jamming. Both times I mentioned it to the range operators as I checked out, but they looked at me like I was crazy. Considering I am close to purchasing one, it has me a bit concerned. Do you think they are just not taking care of it properly at the range or is it something else?

Could it have been the ammo?

My G22 has never jammed. My G23 has stovepiped once, but that wasn't an issue. Is your's jamming or stovepiping? Are you limp wristing it?

Comment

The bottom line is the Glocks are a mechanical device and sometimes machines fail. While this is true, it is much more likely that the gun is jamming due to operator error. Limp wristing is probably the most common problem.

There is a reason that glocks are so popular in the law enforcement community. Yes they have problems sometimes, because there is no such thing as a "perfect" anything. Buy one, heck, buy two, assuming they fit your hands, you won't regret it.

Comment

The slide will sometimes stop partially open, but it does sound like it is due to limp-wristing. Previously I felt like I had a death grip on the gun and needed to relax it a little bit so I did, but that is likely the problem. Thanks so much for the responses! It's a big help!

Comment

No problem

I have had G19 and G26...currently have G23 and G27..never had a problem with any of them. I have observed some officers with the "limp-wrist" problem that was aforemention. AKA "User Error"..
          I think overall it is an efficient, trouble-free, easily maintained weapon.
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

When I first got my 27 I had jams and realized it was because I was limp-wristing. I'm pretty aquinted with firearms so I denied it was my fault at first. When transitioning to a new weapon make sure to look at user error first before mechanical error and just go down the list of what you could do wrong and think about those certain errors while you are shooting and see if that works.
            If he knocks your teeth out swallow them and hit back, never give up because an officer doesn't deserve to die on a dirty street.

Comment

I have a G 19 and never had a problem with it jamming and it's an older model (without the light rail). I do feel more comfortable with my HK USP .45 because it just feels a lot more reliable, but I've never had a problem with Glock.

Comment

Jamming comes from a few discernible sources:
                1) Limp wristing.
                2) Bad magazine/weak mag springs
                3) Ammo.
                4) Dirty gun
                5) Obstruction/burr in the feed ramp.
                6) Bad design/construction.

I'd rule out #6 with the Glock. Get someone else to shoot the same gun and if they dont have any problems, then it's #1. Change mags to check for #2. Change ammo to check for #3. Visually inspect for the others.
                But Glocks have a deserved reputation for reliability. While I'm no big fan of them, if someone told me to get one and carry it I wouldn't feel inappropriately armed.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadHead

Is your's jamming or stovepiping? Are you limp wristing it?
                  +1
                  I've got a G23 & a G27....never had a problem. They're solid weapons, whether well maintained or horribly mistreated.
                  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)

Comment

My Glock has jammed three times

1. Used Wolf ammo. solution: i quit using wolf ammo.
                    2. Weak magazine spring.
                    3. Sucks to admit it but i was limp wristing.
                    War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

Some guns are real finicky with wolffe ammo because the lacquer coating the "brass" has on them likes to stick to really hot chambers. I never ran into a problem with them in rugers, berettas, sigs. I ran 500 rnds for a qualification course in my beretta with out a single problem. My hk doesn't like the aluminum blaser ammo either.
                      One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

My Colt CAR-A3 HBAR Elite wouldn't take Wolf either. I have seen some non coated Wolf but after having two guns that wouldn't eat it, i'm finished with wolf, i dont care how inexpensive it is.
                        War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

My G31 would fail to feed every 4th round. Called glock and they sent me 3 new followers which solved the problem.....(Putting on my flame suit) I will say that all 3 of my SIG function flawlessly.........But then for the price I could have purchased twice as many glocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiff
                            There is a reason that glocks are so popular in the law enforcement community.
                            Could it be due to always being the lowest bid within the acceptable tier of US LE firearms?

(Before I get jumped by a Glock cult member for that light hearted comment let me disclose that I own and very much like reliable, smooth, clean burning Glock firearms.)

Comment

Oil dude.

The next time you go to that range and shoot that Glock, take a small bottle of gun oil and an old towel.

Put a couple of drops of oil on the rails, cycle the slide a few times, wipe off any excess, load your weapon, grip your weapon, lock your wrist and see if that doesn't take care of the problem. I'm willing to guess that's the problemo.

As stated before I instruct firearms in our local leo academy, which academy issues Glocks. I've seen only one (that I can recall at this moment) that failed to cycle, stove-piped and refused to work properly.

Believing it was the shooter I spoke with her several times re: light grip and limp wrist. I finally "looked" at the weapon. It was extremely dirty and bone dry. Inspite of that I was still amazed because I had never seen a Glock give problems like this.

I removed the slide/barrel wiped everything down and rubbed a little oil on the barrel, slide rails and the frame inserts and the Glock never missed a lick.

You don't need to disassemble the Glock to lube it and the range master may pinch a twinkie if he sees you take his weapon apart.

Might try this and see.

One of my favorite Hackathornizms: If you treat your handgun like a lawn mower . . . buy a Glock!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6344 users online. 341 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X